Convocation and Commencement
Convocation and commencement ceremonies serve different purposes and for this reason all graduating students are encouraged to attend both. Convocation is a special ceremony held only for students graduating from the Craig School of Business. Each student is individually recognized, on stage, and has a picture taken while shaking the hand of the CSB Dean. Graduate students are also hooded during convocation. Commencement is a University-wide ceremony, while convocation is a CSB ceremony. Faculty and students are expected to wear official regalia at both ceremonies.
Craig School of Business Convocation
Friday, May 18, 2018, 7:45 a.m., Save Mart Center
- Students need to arrive by 7:00 a.m. and no later than 7:15 a.m.
- Do NOT wear your Regalia. Graduates are asked to arrive with robes in hand for visual search by CSC personnel at top of the ramp.
- All guests entering the Save Mart Center are subject to a search of their person and their property, this includes a visual inspection and a bag inspection conducted by Save Mart Center security personnel.
- The Save Mart Center prohibits backpacks and any bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12". The only approved bags are diaper bags, bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12", and medically necessary items (after proper inspection).
- No beverages allowed in line-up/assembly area. Graduates will be asked to throw any container/beverages at trash receptacles located at the top of the ramp.
- Graduates are asked to leave any personal belongings (purses, bags, backpacks) with guests and or leave in vehicle.
- Tickets are not required. First come first serve seating.
- Campus Police are encouraging guests/graduates to carpool, arrive early, relaxed parking at Fresno State, Campus Pointe will enforce parking for patrons only.
- Students who are visibly intoxicated or disruptive will not be allowed in the ceremony venue or will be escorted from the ceremony.
For further information, contact Denise Biggert, (559) 278-2482
University Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 9:00 a.m., Save Mart Center