Policies Related to Fraternities and Sororities
The information below outlines the University expectations and policies for fraternities and sororities to remain in compliance and good standing with the University. Included is the organizational review process, student organization procedures, university policies, and the organizations currently under review or sanctions.
If you're looking for information or resources to improve your chapter, campus or sorority or fraternity risk management practices or policies? This site hosts various resources and information to assist you in making your fraternity or sorority experience safe and fun.
Expansion and Recognition Process
Manage My Chapter
- (Submit to the Student Involvement Center, USU Room 306)
Need To Know Campus Number
Fresno State does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, or sexual orientation in its education programs or activities. Title IX protects all people regardless of their gender or gender identity from sex discrimination, which includes sexual harassment and violence.
For reporting or more information, please call 559.278.2032 or visit the Title IX website (click here).
- Kappa Sigma // April 2020, Suspension thru December 31, 2020; No events with alcohol
or alcohol at the chapter house thru May 31, 2021.
Organizations that have lost affiliation with the University
- Upsilon Kappa Delta // August 2018, Hazing activity and reported. Recognition will not be considered prior to September 2020.
- Sigma Omega Phi // March 2018, Hazing activity reported and reviewed. Recognition will not be considered prior to June 2020.
- Gamma Zeta Alpha // February 2013, Hazing activity reported and reviewed. Recognition will not be considered prior to March 2015.
- Theta Chi // September 2012, Alcohol to member resulting in a death. Recognition will not be considered prior to November 2017.
- Lambda Theta Alpha // March 2011, Hazing activity reported. Recognition will not be considered prior to August 2014
- Phi Gamma Delta // February 2006, Alcohol to member resulting in a death. Recognition will not be considered prior to Fall 2010.
Organizations not affiliated due to Title 5 non-compliance
ΑΓΩ - Alpha Gamma Omega (Christian affiliation required of members to hold leadership position)
ΑΔΧ - Alpha Delta Chi (Christian affiliation required of all members)