Undergraduate or Graduate Students In Good Standing
Former Fresno State students who left in good standing who seek readmission after an absence of more than one semester (summer not included) must re-apply for admission at Cal State Apply. If you attended another school since you last attended Fresno State you will need to submit official transcripts. Please refer to our Deadlines and Important Dates to see when you should re-apply.
Disqualified Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students who were disqualified from Fresno State who are interested in attending again must 1) Re-apply at Cal State Apply and 2) Complete the Readmission Petition for Returning Disqualified Students. Both steps must be completed completely and by the stated deadlines found in our Deadlines and Important Dates page.
Furthermore Disqualified Students must complete the following criteria to be eligible for re-admission:
- Students who are academically disqualified from Fresno State are not eligible to re-apply for admission for at least two semesters after their disqualification.
- Students must demonstrate academic improvement towards degree progress by taking at least 6 units or more using a combination of either major or General Education (GE) courses (see Minimum Degree Progress to determine what type of courses must be taken).
- Courses may be completed through Fresno State Open University or any other regionally accredited institution.
Minimum Degree Progress
- Students must complete all lower division General Education requirements before re-applying.
- Students who had already completed lower division GE before leaving Fresno State must complete a minimum of 6 units of degree applicable work before re-applying.
- Student’s overall transfer work after disqualification must be at least a 2.50 GPA and student needs to be in good standing at the last institution they attended.
- Students who are re-admitted must maintain a term GPA of at least a 2.50 or else be disqualified again.
Disqualified Graduate Students
Graduate students who were disqualified from Fresno State who are interested in attending again must 1) Re-apply at Cal State Apply and 2) Contact the Division of Research and Graduate Studies to petition to return to Fresno State.