Assistant Professor of Africana Studies
Office: Science 146
Office Phone: 559-278-2913 | FAX: (559) 278-7268
- PhD University of Texas at Austin (2011)
- MA University of Texas at Austin
- BA Spelman College
- African Diaspora
- Latin American and the Caribbean
- Cultural and Political History
- Women, Gender, and the Partido Independiente de Color. Breaking the Chains, Making the Nation: The Black Cuban Fight for Freedom and Equality, 1812-1912. Eds. Fannie T. Rushing and Aisha Finch (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2019).
- ‘In the general interest of all conscious women’: Race, Class, and the Cuban Women’s Movement, 1923-1939 Cuban Studies 46 (2018): 159-182.
- Eusebia Cosme and Black Womanhood on the Transatlantic Stage. Meridians: Feminism, Race, Transnationalism Vol. 15, No. 2 (2017): 389-411.
- ‘Writing’ Black Womanhood in the Early Cuban Republic, 1904-1916. Gender and History Vol. 28, Issue 2 (August 2016): 480-500.
- Critical Thinking About Race
- Race Relations
- Africana Cultures and Images
- African Cultural Perspectives
- Afro-Latin America