College of Social Sciences Advising Center
In following the university’s protocol by taking caution to eliminate the possible spread of COVID-19, all current and future advising sessions will be conducted online. We will NOT see students in-person at this time.
Click here for FAQs regarding the campus closure.
Summer Zoom Walk-Ins
Date: May 25th-Aug 4th (Monday through Thursday)
Time: 9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm
No Zoom Walk-Ins:
June 16th, 21st, 25th, 28th
July 5th, July 12th, 14th, 16th, 19th, 23rd
- August 5th
Walk-ins are quick appointments to meet with an academic counselor for the following:
- Graduate Checks
- Class Registration Questions
- Change of Major/Add on Minor (COSS major/minors only)
- All incoming First Time Freshman and Transfer Students for Fall 2021 cannot change their major until after Septemper 17th, however can meet with a counselor to review the major/GE only.
- Clear Advising Holds (Political Science and Anthropology majors, please see department for Mandatory Advising 1 & 2 Hold and Transfer Advising Hold, Probation Holds- need to make an appointment with a counselor through Bulldog Connect).
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 5244 9958
Contact your Advisor
Use the following alpha breakdown (by last name) to contact an academic advisor. If you've been working with a specific advisor in the past, feel free to continue working with them; our alpha breakdown is only to maintain organization.
Emails must be sent from your Fresno State email and include your student ID# in the text.
|A - E||Sonya Peñaemail@example.com|
|F - LOP||Lydia Mouafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|LOR - RI||Isamar Alvaradoemail@example.com|
|RO - Z||Ross Whittonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you have a major/minor in our college, you can schedule a one-on-one appointment with an advisor on Bulldog Connect, attached are the directions here.
The College of Social Sciences Advising Center strives to empower students to be active, responsible learners by fostering lifelong learning and student development through a holistic advising approach.
We are committed to the success of our students by providing academic advising services to support the achievement of their educational, career, and life goals. We encourage our students to take ownership of their educational experience, we foster an academic relationship between student and counselor, and we collaborate with campus partners to provide a quality educational experience.
The following values guide academic advising at the College of Social Sciences Advising Center:
- Advising on majors, minors, and certificates within the COSS
- Academic Plans
- Class Registration Assistance
- General Education Requirements
- Degree Requirements/Grad Checks
- How to read your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Clearing Registration Holds
- Change of Major (within the COSS)