Learn more about our tablet deployment program here
Learn about our hub trainings
Connect to Eduroam
Technology is how we live. It's how we communicate, learn, work and play. That's why Fresno State is using technology to enhance the academic experience through the DISCOVERe Program.
Launched in the Fall of 2014, DISCOVERe infuses mobile technology into the classroom experience, providing students with engaging material through the use of laptops, tablets or smartphones. By integrating technology throughout the academic experience, students can master digital literacy skills that are becoming increasingly critical for jobs in today's workplace.
A DISCOVERe mobile technology class means knowledge is at your fingertips. According
to research, it also has the potential to:
● Lower course materials cost
● Make group projects/collaboration easier
● Make learning interactive through apps
● Improve efficiency
● Increase digital skills for career development
This program also provides faculty with the opportunity to transform the classroom experience and empower students to learn in new, interactive ways.
1. When you're registering for classes, register for courses that are tagged as DISCOVERe.
2. If you already have a tablet or mobile device, check if it meets the specifications for the course.
3. If you need a tablet or mobile device, you can purchase one at the Kennel Bookstore.
Alternatively, you can borrow one through the loaner program.
Students are encouraged to attend class BEFORE purchasing a tablet or mobile device.
For tech questions or to learn more, visit the DISCOVERe Hub on the first floor of the Henry Madden Library or call 559.278.1812.