Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I know which courses are included in the DISCOVERe mobile device program?
When using the Class Search:
- Login to my.fresnostate.edu with your Fresno State username and password.
- Select Student Self Service
- Search for Classes
- Click Additional Search Criteria > Course Attribute > Select DISCOVERe Class > Search
- Choose the desired course.
- A Pop-Up screen will appear with specific information about the program and an acknowledgement check box.
Alternatively, the full DISCOVERe Class List can be viewed here
2. If I enroll in a DISCOVERe class, can I use my own device?
Yes. Students can use a personally-owned device as long as it meets the minimum specifications.
- Bring Your Own Device Requirements
3. How does the mobile device loaner program work?
If you are enrolled in a DISCOVERe course for the Fall 2021 semester, you are able to apply for a loaner device that can be checked out for the semester, free of charge.
4. Why should I purchase my device through Kennel Bookstore?
Students, Faculty and Staff on campus are eligible for education pricing of Apple products which we sell in the Kennel Bookstore. This discount ranges from $30 to $200 off retail pricing of specific devices.
5. Which devices are being offered through the mobile device loaner program?
The mobile device loaner program is only lending out the following tablet model:
- Apple iPad Air 2 - 64GB Wifi Only
6. What is not included in the DISCOVERe Loaner device?
7. When can I pick up my device?
Loaner devices will be available one to two weeks before the Fall semester begins. Students enrolled in a DISCOVERe class should receive an email regarding device pick-ups.
8. Does the DISCOVERe mobile device initiative support multiple platforms?
Yes. Fresno State's DISCOVERe mobile device program supports platforms for Apple, Android, and Windows devices. Refer to Minimum Device Specifications.
9. What are the minimum device requirements to bring my own device?
10. Are eTextbooks available for all classes?
Not all classes will have eTextbooks. The Kennel Bookstore will have eTextbooks available if the instructor has requested and the publisher can provide an eTextbook option.
11. What types of apps will I need to purchase for use in my DISCOVERe courses?
The apps you will be asked to purchase are, in some cases, considered textbook replacements and will vary in price. The apps selected for classroom use will vary upon the academic department and the instructor.
The information on this website is available in alternate formats. Please call our office at 559.278.3052 to make your request.