Graduate Program Application Requirements
Kremen School of Education and Human Development Center for Advising and Student Services Attn: Renee Petch 5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301 Fresno, CA 93740
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
Interview with Program Faculty
Interviews are conducted as a way of obtaining additional information about potential students to help with program admission decisions.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE)
as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
Complete Prerequisites from Fresno State with a "C" or better
It is recommended that these courses be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the courses on your unofficial transcripts. These courses cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 OR PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
- COUN 176 - Counseling and Mental Health OR PSYCH 166 or 66 - Abnormal Psychology
- ERE 153 - Educational Statistics OR the following Fresno State equivalent courses: PSYCH 143 or 144, SWRK 171 or 176, SOC 125, DS 123 or HS 202.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click on the forms below: