The Department of Viticulture and Enology offers a Master of Science degree in Viticulture and Enology.
- Deadline for Spring 2022: August 1 to October 31, 2021
- Deadline to apply for Fall 2022: October 1, 2021 - June 1, 2022
Where to apply: Application to the graduate program is online through Cal State Apply: Use the drop down menu to select "Viticulture and Enology" major and the "M.S." degree.
About our Program: The M.S. in Viticulture and Enology is a 30-unit program designed to provide advanced studies and in-depth knowledge in the fundamentals of plant physiology, microbiology, and grape and wine chemistry, as well as technical writing and formal presentation of research reports.
Full-time graduate students may earn the degree within two years when working closely with an adviser. To accommodate part-time students, graduate courses are offered in the late afternoon or evenings.
Admission Materials: To be considered for admission to the graduate program, the candidate must submit the following materials:
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree in agricultural chemistry, enology, food science,nutrition, plant science, viticulture, or a related area from an accredited institution;
- Official transcripts of all college work;
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE);
- A university application;
- Three letters of reference from employers or faculty at the university most recently attended (send to Dr. Luca Brillante via email at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- A statement of 500 words or less indicating reason for pursing a master's degree. (send to Dr. Luca Brillante via email.
- In addition to the three letters of reference and statement, we request that applicants also include a resume by email to Dr. Luca Brillante.
For additional admission requirements, materials, and details click here.
Division of Graduate Studies
Department of Viticulture and Enology
For inquiries regarding a M.S. degree in viticulture and enology, contact Dr. Luca Brillante by email or phone 559-278-3940 or Dr. Anil Shrestha by email or phone 559 278-7179 in the Department of Viticulture & Enology.
Deadlines to Apply: We are currently accepting applications for our Viticulture and Enology Graduate Program for the Spring 2021 semester.
To be considered for funding (fellowship, assistantship, etc.) one must apply much earlier than the final deadlines.
Deadline for Spring 2022: August 1 - October 31, 2021
Deadline for Fall 2022: October 1, 2021 to June 1, 2022
Cal State Apply
Application to the graduate program is online through Cal State Apply.
Cal State Apply (formerly CSUMentor) is a website designed to help students and their families learn about the California State University (CSU) system. The CSU is comprised of 23 excellent campuses. Cal State Apply assists students in planning for college, in selecting the appropriate CSU campus to attend, in planning how to finance their education, and in applying for admission, including graduate studies.