Agriculture Career Readiness Certificate Pathway for the 21st Century
Content Coming Soon
The Agricultural Career Readiness Skills for the 21 st Century (ACRS21) Certificate
Pathway is a four-year
program funded by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department
of Agriculture. The program will utilize existing resources to:
- Create a transferrable certificated pathway uniting high school, community colleges,
universities in the development of soft skills and career readiness training.
- ACRS21 will improve employability of underrepresented students through development
a sequenced, vertically aligned soft skills and career readiness pathway based on experiential
Program objectives include:
- Creating the ACRS21 Certificate Pathway.
- Developing ACRS21 experiential learning activities (certificate requirements, teaching
modules, resources for advisory committees and career and academic counselors, assessment
tool, and teacher evaluation checklist) to be recorded in the existing Agriculture Experience
- Teaching students to complete increasingly rigorous activities/hours for high school,
community college, and university.
- Developing the Digital Agriculture Solutions Hub website to connect university
students/ag industry partners to facilitate job shadowing, internships, and mentoring
- Designing and conducting teacher trainings
- Evaluating improvements in certificate earners’ soft skills via pre/post Life Effectiveness