Office: Engineering East 194
Phone: (559) 278-6603
Mailing Address: 2320 E. San Ramon Ave., MS/EE 94, Fresno, CA 93740-8030
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryam-nazari-b4b78649
Faculty Advisor: Chi Epsilon
Spring 2017 Office Hours: Tuesday: 9-11AM; Wednesday: 10:30-11:30AM (Faculty Advising); Thursday: 9AM-12PM
More Information about Dr. Nazari:
- CE20: Engineering Mechanics-Statics
- CE121L: Mechanics of Materials Laboratory
- CE137: Seismic Analysis of Building Structures
- CE232: Prestressed Concrete Design
Structural and Earthquake Engineering
Editorial and Scholarly Review:
- ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering
- Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering (Major in Structural Engineering and Minor in Engineering Mechanics), Iowa State University, Ames, IA., 2016
- MSc, Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2006
- BSc, Civil Engineering, University of Mazandaran, Babol, Iran, 2004
Grants, Honors, and Awards:
- Iowa State University Research Excellence Award, July 2016.
- Masters in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (MEEES) Scholarship, UME graduate school of the IUSS, Pavia, Italy, January 2015.
- Lowell Greimann Graduate Fellowship, Iowa State University, September 2012.
- Structural Design Engineer, Tarh & Sazeh Consulting Engineers, Tehran, Iran
- Seismic Specialist & Project Manager, Permayon Adv. Strengthening Co., Tehran, Iran
- Seismic Specialist, Sharif University of Technology Retrofitting Center, Tehran, Iran
Membership & Professional Affiliations:
- Member, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Associate Member, ACI Committee 550, Precast Concrete Structures--Joint ACI-ASCE
Nazari, M., Sritharan, S., and Aaleti, S. "Single Precast Concrete Rocking Walls as Earthquake Force-Resisting Elements", Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, DOI: 10.1002/eqe.2829
Nazari, M. (2016). “Seismic performance of unbonded post-tensioned precast wall systems subjected to shake table testing”, PhD Thesis. Dept. of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
Nazari, M., and Sritharan, S. (2016). “Energy Dissipation Components and their Impact on Precast Concrete Rocking Walls”, Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16WCEE), Santiago, Chile.
Sritharan, S., and Nazari, M.(2016).“Single Rocking Walls in Seismic-Resistant Design”, Proceedings of New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering (NZSEE) Conference, Christchurch, NZ.
Nazari, M., Aaleti, S., and Sritharan, S. (2015). “Shake Table Testing of Single Rocking Walls @ UNR”, Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (database), Dataset, DOI: 10.4231/D3N29P75Z (SRW1),10.4231/D3H98ZF0B (SRW2),10.4231/D3CJ87M6Z (SRW3), and10.4231/D37S7HT2T(SRW4).
Nazari, M., Aaleti, S., and Sritharan, S. (2015). “Shake Table Testing of PreWEC @ UNR”, Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (database), Dataset, DOI: 10.4231/D3WM13V3P (PreWEC-s1), and 10.4231/D3RV0D20F (PreWEC-s2).
Sritharan, S., Nazari, M.,and Aaleti, S. (2015). “Shake Table Testing of Precast Concrete Walls with End Columns (PreWEC)”, Proceedings of SEAOC Convention, Seattle, WA.
Nazari, M., Sritharan, S., and Aaleti, S. (2014). “An Experimental Evaluation of Unbonded Post-Tensioned Precast Rocking Walls”, Proceedings of PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference, Washington, D.C.
Nazari, M., Aaleti, S., and Sritharan S. (2014). “Shake Table Testing of Unbonded Post-Tensioned Precast Concrete Walls”, Proceedings of the 10th National Conference in Earthquake Engineering (NCEE), Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), Anchorage, AK.
Journal Papers Submitted or under Preparation:
Nazari, M., and Sritharan, S. “Dynamic Evaluation of PreWEC Systems with Varying Hysteretic Energy Dissipation”, under preparation for submission to Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE.
Nazari, M., and Sritharan, S. “Interaction of Different Damping Components on Dynamic Response of Rocking Walls”, under preparation for submission to Journal of Engineering Structures.
Nazari, M., and Sritharan, S. ”Strength Reduction Factors for Seismic Design of Precast Concrete Rocking Wall Systems and Verification”, under preparation for submission to PCI Journal.
Sritharan, S., and Nazari, M. (2016). “Energy Dissipation Components in Unbonded Post-Tensioned Single Rocking Walls”, Oral Presentation, European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering (ECCOMAS), Crete Island, Greece.
Sritharan, S., Nazari M., and Aaleti, S. (2013). “Shake Table Tests of Precast Concrete Walls Designed with Unbonded Post-Tensioning”, Oral Presentation, Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI) Conference of ASCE, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
Sritharan, S., Nazari, M., and Aaleti, S. (2013). “Influence of Different Damping Components on Rocking Structural Members”, Oral Presentation, 4th International Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (COMPDYN), Kos Island, Greece.
Nazari, M., Sritharan, S., and Aaleti, S. (2013) “Shake Table Testing of Rocking Precast Concrete Walls”, Oral and Poster Presentation, The Quake Summit NEES Annual Meeting, University of Nevada at Reno, Reno, NV.
Nazari, M., Sritharan, S., and Aaleti, S. (2012) “NEESR-CR: Rocking Wall Project - Dynamic Response Characterization”, Oral Presentation, Young Researchers Symposium for the Quake Summit NEES Annual Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Seismic-Resilient Design of Structures,
- Precast/ Prestressed Structural Systems,
- Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Structures,
- Semi-Active Control Systems for Seismic Protection of Structures,
- Analytical Simulation of Structural Behavior,
- Investigation of Structural Performance Through Large-Scale Experimental Testing
- PhD research: http://sri.cce.iastate.edu/NEES-Rocking-Wall/personnel.htm.