CSU-LSAMP is designed to assist students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
CSU-LSAMP Fresno State applications are accepted year-round. The application is available below.
High school students and community college students are encouraged to apply to LSAMP only once the student has accepted their admissions offer to Fresno State and have committed to attending Fresno State.
*NOTE: Fall incoming Freshmen and Transfer students, please wait until after Dog Days to register for the LSAMP admissions workshop.
For any additional questions please feel free to contact our office.
To participate in the CSU-LSAMP, students must:
- Undergraduate student attending Fresno State and be a STEM major
- STEM targeted majors at Fresno State include: agricultural sciences (animal science or plant science), biology/life sciences, chemistry, computer science, engineering, environmental science/geosciences, mathematics, and physics
- Have US citizenship or permanent resident status
- Be an individual who has faced or faces social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM
- Social barrier - underrepresented minority student (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiians, or Native Pacific Islander), or
- Educational barrier - first generation college student attending 4-yr college (i.e. your parents/guardian do not have a bachelor's degree or higher), or
- Economic barrier - low-income background such as Pell grant eligible
How to Apply
CSU-LSAMP applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please click on the following link for an application:
Important application submission information:
- Please download the application and type your responses. The application is a fillable PDF, so you should be able to save the document and email your application as an attachment.
- Please make sure to complete the CSU-LSAMP Fresno State Supplemental Information prior to submitting.
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, our office is currently telecommuting. You may email your application directly to the program email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do NOT include your complete social security number on your application when submitting your application via email).
- Once campus is open, you may mail or drop off your application.
- If you are dropping off your may drop it off at the LSAMP office located in Science 1 room 101 or the office mailbox located in Science 1 room 136.
- Once your application is received our office will review your application to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria. If you are eligible, our office will contact you regarding an Admission's Workshop.
- After the Admissions Workshop, the Campus Coordinator will email you the forms discussed during the Workshop for your signature and complete the approval and certification section of your application.
Although the project's goals and anticipated outcomes are stated in terms of improving URM participation in STEM, it is important to emphasize that CSU-LSAMP does not limit participation to URM students or provide URM students preference in admission.