Fresno State Sustainability Club
Mission: Fresno State Sustainability Club's mission is to create a conscious culture of sustainability on campus and in the community.
- January 30th
- February 13 & 27
- March 12 & 24
- April 16 & 30
- Clean Air Day
- Fall Sustainability Symposium
- Earth Day
- And more!
- Co-President: Anne Thinnesen- “I am an international student from Denmark and I am entering my senior year. I major in Economics and minor in Mathematics. In the past, I have studied at Jonkoping University in Sweden where I was the Secretary of our Sustainability Club. My goal is to get our members more involved and also to get our club more involved with social justice”
- Co-President: Sydney Fox - "I am a rising third year Biochemistry major, pursuing a career in the field of neurology, at Fresno State and will be serving as a Co-President for the 2020-21 academic year. Outside of the Sustainability Club, I am involved in athletics, neurobiology research, volunteering at Valley Children’s Hospital, and the FLOCC improv team.. This year I want to expand our connections with the community (on-campus, intercollegiate, and non-collegiate) and their involvement in our events and projects, while promoting sustainable lifestyle choices and advocating for progressive legislative reform."
- Vice President: Jason Vang - “I am a fourth year biology major with a minor in chemistry in hopes of getting into dental school. I currently serve as an ASI senator of sustainability and an instructional student assistant for the CSM BOND program on campus. I am also a part of a task force that overlooks FS sustainability related efforts which includes guiding our club.”
- Secretary: Devon Lee - “Hello! My name is Devon Lee and I am currently a rising junior Biochemistry major at Fresno State University. I currently serve as Vice President of Sustainability Club and am transitioning into my role as secretary, volunteer as a MASS Peer Mentor through the College of Science and Mathematics, work as a tutor for student-athletes, volunteer at St. Agnes Medical Center, and am a member of the Fresno State NAACP and Camp Kesem. Unrelated to school, I really enjoy reading about history, film, cooking, and skateboarding. I desire to promote climate change awareness, environmental justice, and advocate for sustainability issues at Fresno State, in our community, and in national policy."
- Treasurer: Juana Lozano - "I am a junior majoring in Anthropology, with a cultural emphasis. I am also minoring in Film and Media Arts. As an officer for the Sustainability Club, I want to socially attract students with different backgrounds to more sustainable alternatives."
- Social Media Coordinator: Iris Zuniga Soto - “Hi! My name is Iris Zuniga-Soto and I am a second year student at Fresno State University. I am a computer science major with a media arts minor. Currently I am the social media coordinator for Fresno State’s Sustainability Club. I want to get more people involved in sustainability, one step at a time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our club’s social media or email.”
- Past Officers:
- 19-20 - Masissa Acosta President, Alcira Lucha Secretary, Kyle Zoldoske Treasurer, Nalee Xiong Social Media Coordinator
- 17-19 - Michael Mayfield President, Harrison Schmidt Secretary
- 16-17 - Samantha Mallory President, Skylar Nguyen VP, Aubrey Lim Treasurer
- 15-16 - Kassandra Hishida President, Johnathan Benson VP, Nicole Warmerdam Treasurer
With this year marking the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, COVID-19's social distancing and sheltering in place means that we're going digital! As we work to coordinate online with other CSUs and other worldwide efforts, we will keep posting an update of virtual activities here and on our social media. Some things you can take part in:
- April 1-30 Eco Challenge (link)
- April 7th's Virtual Teach-in on Climate Solutions (link)
- April 7-10 Online Green New Deal and Corona Virus Course (link)
- April 22 - Actual Earth Day Activities
Officer transition and leadership training will be online and is scheduled for the week of June 22nd:
- Monday - Engage and GoogleDrive self-review
- Tuesday - Mission and Website self-review
- Wednesday - Zoom |
- Thursday - Zoom |
- Friday - Zoom |
Fresno State students can keep updated on club events and meetings through Engage.