International Office Forms

Form Name Form Description
Applying for a Driver License  Students wishing to drive in California must obtain a driver’s license with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. 

Authorization Form to Drop Below Full Course of Study  F-1 and J-1 requesting to drop below full-time enrollment for reasons of academic difficulty, medical or final semester should complete this form.
Fee Deferment Request Form
International Funds Transfer  A payment option for students wishing to send foreign funds to cover their student account balances. 
ITIN Request Form Individual Taxpayer Identification Number application for eligible students, such as a student-athlete on scholarship  
Learning Agreement  For J-1 short-term exchange students who are unable to register for courses due to the error message, “requisites or co-requisites have not been met.”
Leave of Absence Request Form 

Current students who wish to take one or more semesters off to exit out of the U.S.

Open University Form For non-matriculated international students wanting to take courses at Fresno State through our extension program, Open University. 
On-Campus Employment Acknowledgement F-1 or J-1 students seeking to begin, change or renew on-campus work permits should complete this form.
On-Campus Employment Verification
F-1 or J-1 students with a new or continuing on-campus employment are required to have a valid work permit and should complete this form every semester. 
Program Extension
F-1 or J-1 students seeking to extend their I-20 or DS-2019 end date prior to expiration should complete this form.
SSN Instructions
Social Security Numbers are needed for F-1 and J-1 students who will be employed in the U.S.
Travel Signature Request Form
F-1 or J-1 students must have a valid travel signature if planning to return to the US after travel abroad. 

OPT Forms

Form Name Form Description
For use when F-1 students are seeking to apply for employment authorization on Optional Practical Training pre or post-completion in their field of study.


Form Name Form Description
For use when F-1 students are applying or maintaining post-completion OPT STEM extension. Must have qualifying STEM majors (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)

CPT Forms

Form Name Form Description
For use when F-1 students are seeking off-campus work authorization in their fields of study.

Employment Update Form 

Form Name Form Description
OPT Employment Update Link Form for OPT & STEM students to report changes in employment status.

Letter Request Forms

Form Name Form Description
Sponsored Student Letter Request
Request form for students sponsored by a third party such as SACM, Oman, or a private company.
Student Letter Request
General letter requests for students, such as DMV letters or graduation invitation letters.

Health Center Forms

Form Name Form Description
General immunization requirements for all admitted students 

Transfer Forms 

Form Name Form Description

Transfer-In Form

F-1 students transferring to Fresno State from another U.S. institution should complete this form.

Transfer Out Form

F-1 students transferring out of Fresno State to another U.S. institution should complete this form. J-1 students should speak with an international adviser.

J-1 Exchange Visitor Forms

Form Name Form Description
Application process and forms for J-1 Visiting Scholars

International Office Photo Contest Form 

Form Name Form Description

Photo Contest Form

Photo release agreement and the submission form

Covid-19 Support

Form Name Form Description

Declaration of Compliance with SEVP Guidance

General letter for continuing students who need to show the US Port of Entry support from the university for their return to Fresno State.