Media Clips 9.18.2012

For other news, please go to http://www.FresnoStateNews.com

Media Clips 9.18.2012

Postby madona » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 am

These media clips are provided by the Office of University Communications at California State University, Fresno. They are intended for the internal use of California State University, Fresno and should not be redistributed. If you want to print a story, do so now before the link expires. Questions and submissions may be sent to madona@csufresno.edu.

Romney's 'gaffe' a plus for him
(American Thinker © 09/18/2012)
Article written by - Dr. Jason Kissner who is an associate professor of criminology at California State University, Fresno. You can reach him at crimprof2010@hotmail.com.

CSUN hosts debate on Propositions 30, 38
(Daily Sundial © 09/18/2012)
Guest speakers include: Molly Munger, civil rights attorney and director of the Advancement Project for Public Policy Change, who is a supporter of Proposition 38; Lisa Snell, the director of education and child welfare at Reason Foundation, who opposes both propositions; and John Welty, the president of California State University, Fresno, and an advocate for Proposition 30.

Local briefs: Filipinos win $1m in English-only case
(Fresno Bee © 09/18/2012)
A woman lauded for standing up to drug traffickers in the West African country of Guinea-Bissau will share her story Friday at the Peters Education Center at Fresno State, West African Vocational Schools announced.

Occupy Wall Street marks one-year anniversary
(KFSN ABC 30 Fresno © 09/18/2012)
That something different Patch says is spreading awareness about keeping money in smaller and local banks. Fresno State Political Science Professor Tom Holyoke says although the movement gained steam in the start, it quickly deflated.

Schneider Electric Announces Successful Install at California State University, Fresno
(University Business © 09/18/2012)
Schneider Electric today announced the successful installation of its Pelco™ by Schneider Electric™ Sarix TI™ thermal imaging camera systems at California State University, Fresno’s Bulldog Stadium.

Dr. Tony Vang to retire from the Fresno Unified School Board
(KFSN ABC 30 Fresno © 09/17/2012)
"As for me, my growing responsibilities as a faculty member at California State University Fresno and the increasing needs of my family require ever more of my time. Resigning from my position at this time works best for my family and me and provides the District ample time to fill the vacancy.

Former FUSD Board President Announces Retirement
(KMPH Fox 26 Fresno © 09/17/2012)
As for me, my growing responsibilities as a faculty member at California State University Fresno and the increasing needs of my family require ever more of my time. Resigning from my position at this time works best for my family and me and provides the District ample time to fill the vacancy.

Dr. Tony Vang Resigns From Fresno Unified School Board
(KSEE 24 News (Fresno) © 09/17/2012)
After 10 years as trustee with the Fresno Unified school board, Dr. Tony Vang has called it quits. Vang announced his retirement in a press release. It reads in part, "Growing responsibilities as a faculty member at California State University, Fresno and the increasing needs of my family require ever more of my time."

Another Tuition Hike at Fresno State?
(KMJ - 09/18/2012)
California State University trustees are set to vote on a plan that would raise tuition by 5 percent next year if voters reject Gov. Jerry Brown's tax initiative in November.
madona

Return to News