Media Clips 7.26-27.2016

For other news, please go to

Media Clips 7.26-27.2016

Postby madona » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 am

These media clips are provided by the Office of University Communications at California State University, Fresno. They are intended for the internal use of California State University, Fresno and should not be redistributed. If you want to print a story, do so now before the link expires. Questions and submissions may be sent to

In the Midst of a Storm Over Fresno Resolution
(India © 07/27/2016)
Article written by Dr. Kapoor - In the aftermath of the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by her two trusted Sikh body guards on Oct. 31, 1984 in India, anti-Sikh violence occurred in Delhi which lasted for about three days; ... cda9f.html

Fresno State introduces new softball coach Linda Garza
(KMPH Fox 26 Fresno © 07/27/2016)
Fresno State introduces new softball coach Linda Garza (Wednesday,07/27/2016 © KMPH Fox 26 Fresno) "Welcome home." That was the message from Fresno State athletic director Jim Bartko for new Bulldogs softball coach Linda Garza. The Fresno native and Hoover high alum Garza was hired by the university three weeks ago, and officially introduced Tuesday as the fourth head coach in program history. ... inda-garza
The Fresno Bee article - ... 23022.html

Community Calendar for the week of July 28
(Sierra Star © 07/27/2016)
Oakhurst Democratic Club - : 8:30 a.m. breakfast, meeting starts at 9:30 a.m. First Saturday; Dr. Andrew Fiala, chair of the Department of Philosophy and director of the Ethics Center at Fresno State University is the guest speaker at the next meeting of Oakhurst Democratic Club, Aug. 6, at Denny’s. Fiala, who will speak on “God and Politics” is known to area readers for his “On Ethics” column that appears every Saturday int the “Insight” section of the Fresno Bee. Denny’s - 40650 Hwy. 41, Oakhurst. ... 88162.html

Aerospace Academy at Fresno State Gives Madera Students the NASA Experience
(Sierra Sun Times © 07/27/2016)
The Aerospace Academy Summer STEM program at Fresno State culminating this week is providing 80 Madera high school students with hands-on, interactive NASA-based curriculum as part of NASA's Minority University Research and Education Project. ... experience

Mayor Swearengin to host ag tech summit today in Fresno
(The Business Journal © 07/27/2016)
The summit will include remarks and insight from Dr. Joseph Castro, president of California State University, Fresno, local business leader Pete Weber, Irma Olguin, co-founder of Bitwise Industries, and Barry Bedwell from the California Fresh Fruit Association as well as other experts who will help identify how technology expertise and innovation can create opportunity for Central Valley agribusiness. ... -in-fresno

Valley wages: How much do you make? Comparable jobs elsewhere in California pay more
[i](The Fresno Bee © 07/27/2016)[/i]
“The higher you go in the skill level, the higher the pay,” said Mike Dozier, executive director of the Office of Community and Economic Development at Fresno State. Among medical professionals, “I would bet those are higher than the state or national averages (because) it’s really a supply and demand issue.” ... 46697.html

Granvilles Home of Hope Winner
[i](KSEE 24 News (Fresno) © 07/26/2016)[/i
But the excitement of winning never gets old. Just ask Fresno State professor Dr. Christina Luna. Her ticket won her a 2-year lease of a 2016 Lexus RX courtesy of Fresno Lexus. ... ope-winner

Return to News