Campus Opportunities for Conversations

General, HR, Budget Matters

Campus Opportunities for Conversations

Postby vtaylor » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Dear Campus Community,

I want to take a moment and recognize that many of you, regardless of how you cast your vote, are experiencing strong emotions regarding the outcome of the national election. Some heated comments made during the campaign have caused members of our campus community to experience stress and genuine fear about the future.

At Fresno State, we value diversity of thought and are committed to fostering an inclusive climate where everyone and every voice matters. One way in which we can do this is by providing opportunities for our community to have conversations about this and other topics of concern. I invite and encourage you to utilize any of the following services to support you at this time:

- Listening Tables: Monday, Nov. 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Speaker Platform area near Madden Library
- Conversations on Inclusion, Respect and Equity: Thursday, Nov. 17, 12:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. in USU room 312-314
- Student Counseling Services: Student Health Center, 278.2734
- Cross Cultural and Gender Center: Thomas Building, room 110A, 278.4435
- Employee Assistance Program: Lab School, room 185, 278.1655

As your President, I am personally committed to fostering a welcoming and supportive campus environment where everyone can thrive. During challenging times, we have the greatest opportunity to listen and learn from one another. I was heartened and inspired by the impromptu conversations I had with many of you on campus and in the community Wednesday. Your resilience and optimism will propel us forward as we stay focused on our mission to boldly educate and empower students for success.

I am honored to be a part of the Fresno State community and confident that our campus will continue to serve as a model where people with differing opinions come together to serve the greater good. Thank you for your commitment to encouraging and supporting one another.

Sincerely,

Joseph I. Castro, Ph.D., M.P.P.
President
vtaylor

Return to Announcements