Page 1 of 1

Fall 12 Grades and Spring 13 Registration

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am
by tinab
On-line grade rosters will be available to faculty beginning on Monday, December 17. The deadline to enter grades is Wednesday, January 2. It is imperative that grades are entered by the deadline. The time frame from the deadline date leading up to the first day of instruction for spring 13 is very tight, therefore, it is important that grades are entered by January 2.

Early Registration ends on Wednesday, December 12. Students who participate in Early Registration must pay tuition and fees, or have an approved fee waiver/deferment issued, or pay and submit the installment payment plan by Wednesday, December 12 to avoid cancellation of classes!

The system will be unavailable for any add/drop activity from Thursday, December 13 through Monday, December 17. Open Registration begins Tuesday, December 18.

Beginning with Open Registration, December 18:
Enrollment limits will automatically be reset for a selected population of undergraduate students. All other undergraduate students will remain at 16 units. The following groups of students, approved by the President, will have the 16 unit limit automatically increased:
1) Seniors with 95 or more units completed
2) Honors program students
3) High unit majors (Nursing, Engineering, Music)
4) ROTC program students
5) 4-year Guarantee Program students

The unit increase will be based on the students' GPA:
Less than 2.50 = 18 units
2.50 - 2.99 = 19 units
3.00 - 4.00 = 22 units

All other exceptions to enrollment limits will need to be approved on an Excess Units petition form. The Admissions and Records Office will begin accepting the Excess Units petition forms beginning on Thursday, December 13.

All post-baccalaureate students will remain with the following enrollment limits.
Graduate/Doctorate/Advanced Certificate students = 16 units (exceptions must be approved with an Academic Overload petition through the Graduate Office)
Credential students = 20 units (exceptions must be approved with an Excess Units petition form through the Admissions and Records Office)

As always, contact the Admissions and Records Office in the Joyal Administration Building or call (559) 278-2261, if you have any questions.