IN MEMORIAM: Flag tribute for FCC President Tony Cantú

IN MEMORIAM: Flag tribute for FCC President Tony Cantú

Postby tomu » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Campus community,

I am deeply saddened by the untimely death of my friend and colleague, Fresno City College President Tony Cantú, who was also an alumnus of Fresno State.

Fresno City College announced the passing of President Cantú on Monday.

President Cantú was a good man who cared about students and he served the Fresno City College community well. He himself walked our campus as a student, earning a master of arts in Linguistics ESL in 1985. He also earned a master of arts in French and a dual bachelor of arts in French and Spanish from California State University, Long Beach.

Like me and many of you, President Cantú was a product of the San Joaquin Valley. He was raised in the small west Fresno County town of Mendota and graduated from Tranquility High School.

To pay tribute to our distinguished alumnus who served so many students, I have directed that the university flags be flown at half-staff on Friday, April 10, the day of his memorial service which will be at 2 p.m. at St. John’s Cathedral in downtown Fresno.

I know you join me in keeping his family, friends and colleagues at the State Center Community College District in our thoughts and prayers.

Dr. Joseph I. Castro, President

http://bit.ly/FSN-FCCPresCantuFlags
tomu

Return to President's Messages