Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there video tutorials?
- Yes, there are:
- Who are the moderators?
- Margarita Adona
For questions, call 278.2795. If you have technical problems, please call Help Desk 278.5000 or visit help.fresnostate.edu.
- Why can’t I login?
- There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure you are using your email username and password. If you still have problem, contact the Help Desk 278.5000 to create a work order.
- Why do I get logged off automatically?
- If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, Internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means the board administrator has disabled this feature.
- How do I post a message in a forum?
- Posting is permitted by authorized users. To post a new message in a forum, click the forum you want to post in. If you don’t see the "NEW POST" button, then you don’t have the permission to post. Contact University Communications to receive authorization.
- How do I edit or delete a post?
- Only authorized posters and moderators can edit or delete posts.
- How do I add a signature to my post?
- To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel > Profile. You can prevent a signature from being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box within the posting form.
- Why can’t I add attachments?
- We don’t allow attachments to forums. Embedded images are permitted. If you want to get more information, contact University Communications.
- Why does my post need to be approved?
- All posts require review before submission.
User Levels and Groups
- What are Moderators?
- Moderators are individuals who look after the forums from day to day. They have the authority to edit, move or delete posts in the forums.
Searching the Forums
- How can I search a forum or forums?
- Enter a search term in the search box located on the index, forum or topic pages. Advanced search can be accessed by clicking the “Advance Search” link that is available on all pages on the forum. How to access the search may depend on the style used.
- Why does my search return no results?
- Your search was probably too vague and included many common terms that are not indexed. Be more specific and use the options available within Advanced search.