Degrees and Programs
The department is pleased to offer the following degrees:
- B.A., Theatre Arts - Acting Emphasis
- B.A., Theatre Arts - General Emphasis
- B.A., Theatre Arts - Design/Tech Emphasis
Concentrations: Stage Management, Lighting & Sound, Set Design, or Costume Design
- B.A., Dance
- Theatre Arts Minor in Drama or Dance
Students collaborate with faculty and staff on nearly a dozen productions a year. This includes:
- Six Mainstage Productions
- The Contemporary Dance Ensemble
- Theatre for Young Audiences Tour
- University Dance Theatre, a student-run dance company
- The Experimental Theatre Company, a student-run theatre company
We offer a wide range of theatrical coursework including; Latinx Theatre, African-American Theatre, Acting - Period Styles, Acting - Scene Study, Physical Theatre, Musical Theatre, Children's Theatre, Directing for Theatre, Voice for the Stage, Creative Drama, Puppetry, Stage Craft, Costume Craft, Makeup Design, Lighting Design, Sound Design, Stage Management, Dramatic Literature, Theatre History, Modern Dance, Jazz, and Ballet.
Minor in Theatre Arts
Consult your General Catalog for more information and course descriptions.
Theatre Arts Minor (Drama)
DRAMA 10, 32 or 33, 34, 163 (12 units)
DRAMA 15 and 115 (2 units)
Approved electives. 3 units must be upper division (See adviser) (6 units)
Total (20 units)
Theatre Arts Minor (Dance)
Please consult the general catalog for Theatre Arts - Dance Minor information.
Note: The minors also require a 2.0 GPA and 6 upper-division units in residence.
- Stage Management Concentration Course Table
- Set Design Concentration Course Table
- Lights/Sound Design Concentration Course Table
- Costume/Make-Up Design Concentration Course Table
Office: Speech Arts 140E
Office: Music 164