Advice on Presenting
• Rehearse your paper in advance and be sure to time yourself.
• Stand up when you present. Your voice will project better and you will have more presence.
• Use the microphone if available.
• Project your voice and enunciate every word.
• Read slowly and clearly. Don’t speed through your paper breathlessly.
• Look up from time to time and make eye contact with the audience.
• When you make eye contact, keep your finger on the page so as not to lose your place.
• Introduce quotations with the word “quote,” and signal the end of the quotation with “unquote” or “end quote.”
• End your presentation by looking up and saying “thank you.”