Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Get the latest information about Fall 2021 Repopulation and COVID-19. Before coming to campus, take the COVID-19 Daily Screening.

Employee Information

What must you do if you are injured on the job?

  • If you have a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1 from a campus phone and you will be taken to St. Agnes Hospital for emergency treatment.
  • Report your injury to your Supervisor or Manager as soon as you can.
    • By reporting your injury timely, you may prevent problems or delays in receiving benefits. If you do not report your claim on time, you may lose your right to benefits. (Read and follow the Responsibilities of the Employee section carefully.)
    • Your supervisor or manager should meet with you and complete the Supervisor Report of Injury form within 24 hours of your injury.
  • Immediately contact Tracey Garza, the campus Workers' Compensation Manager to report your injury.
    • If the injury occurs after hours and you are taken to the hospital, you (or someone acting on your behalf) must contact Campus Police at 278-8400 to report the injury.
  • If the injury is minor (such as: minor cuts, scrapes, sprains, bruises), you may obtain treatment from the University Student Health Center.
    • Take a copy of the completed Supervisor Report of Injury form with you.
    • The University Student Health Center will determine if you need to be referred on for more advanced medical care.
    • University Student Health Center hours are: 8:00 am - 4:45 pm; limited services from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
  • Read and follow the RESPONSIBITILIES OF THE EMPLOYEE section of this web site carefully.