Workers' Comp Benefits
- Medical Care: Physician visits, hospital care,
physical therapy, lab and medicines that are reasonably necessary
to treat your injury.
- There may be some limitations on some medical services such as physical therapy and chiropractic care as described in the Labor Code.
- Temporary Disability Benefits: You may be eligible to receive Industrial Disability Leave (IDL), or Temporary Total Disability Benefits if your injury or illness prevents you from working.
- Permanent Disability Benefits: If an injury or illness causes a permanent disability you may be entitled to these benefits. The type of injury, age and occupation effect the amount of benefits you may receive.
- Supplemental Job Displacement: This benefit is a
non-transferable voucher payable to a state-approved school if
all of the following apply:
- The on-the- job occurred on or after 1/1/04
- You sustain a permanent disability
- You do not return to work within 60 days from the date temporary disability ends
- - and -
- The employer does not offer modified or alternate work.
- Death Benefits: Paid to dependents of a worker who dies from a work-related injury or illness.