Employees who are eligible for medical/dental insurance and have other non-CSU coverage can elect to waive CSU coverage in exchange for a monthly cash payment:
- Medical and dental: $140
- Medical only: $128
- Dental only: $12
Submitting FlexCash Form & Supporting Documentation
All documents must be submitted using the MOVEit, a secure document transfer software. The step-by-step instructions for submitting documents to the Benefits team is provided here.
Employee FlexCash Basics
- Must certify that they have alternative non-CSU medical and/or non-CSU or state sponsored dental coverage.
- Provide proof of other non-CSU coverage.
- Not eligible to participate if covered as the dependent of another CSU employee.
- FlexCash payment is treated as taxable income and is subject to payroll taxes.
- Eligible employees have 60 calendar days commencing with their appointment date to enroll in the FlexCash plan.
For detailed information, refer to the CSU FlexCash pamphlet.