This document details how the University will comply with the IIPP requirements. It lists the compliance responsibilities for:
- Deans, Directors, Department Heads, Department Chairs and Campus Administration
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- Campus-wide Health and Safety Committee
- Department Safety Coordinators
Training to designed to meet the requirements set forth by CalOSHA for Injury and Illness Prevention can be found one of two ways:
- For state employees (including faculty, staff, foundation, auxillaries and paid student assistants) the training is available through SkillPort.
- Clicking or copying/pasting the link above will take you directly to the training
itself after prompting for your state issued username and password.
- For non-state employees (including registered volunteers and stipend paid research students and those not
otherwise able to login to SkillPort) the training is available through Blackboard. For more information please contact Michael Burgess at 278-5365.
Department IIPP No Longer Required!
In the past departments were encouraged to create and maintain their very own Injury and Illness Prevention Plan. This is no longer thought to be best practice. Before you scrap everything however, a good portion of the work that was done may yet serve a vital purpose in the form of standard operating proceedures (SOPs). Further information about SOPs can be found on the Standard Operating Procedures page.
It is key that all employees take the Campus-wide IIPP training offered through skillport and familiarize themselves with the Campus IIPP.