US Bank Visa Personal Liability Travel Card
Effective October 31, 2016, the American Express Government Card contract will expire. The new Fresno State Travel Card will be issued and managed by US Bank.
American Express Government Card Cancellation Guidelines
- Your American Express Card will remain open for purchases until October 31, 2016
- Payments and credit transactions will continue to be accepted on your account until there is a zero balance
- Refunds for credit balances may be requested from American Express online or by calling 800-528-2122
- Account balance must be paid in full within 30-days of the last statement closing date of December 25, 2016
- Requests to keep your American Express Card will not be accepted as the card was issued through the State's contract which expires on October 31, 2016.
Transitioning to the US Bank Card
An email was distributed to all American Express cardholders. If you are an American Express cardholder you will be issued a new Fresno State Travel Card.
To be eligible for and to keep a Fresno State Travel Card you must meet all of the following:
- Travel on University or Auxiliary business at least two (2) times a year
- Have manager authorization to obtain a Fresno State Travel Card
- Agree, in writing, to the Fresno State Travel Card Usage Policy and all other applicable policies, and to pay the statement balance due by the statement due date. The Fresno State Travel Card must not be used for personal or non-business travel related purchases.
To apply for the US Bank Card please click here.
Why are we transitioning to US Bank?
Transitioning from American Express to US Bank Visa will afford cardholders the convenience of a card that is widely accepted, and cardholder rebates will stay with Fresno State rather than directed to the State of California.
What is changing with my American Express?
All American Express Personal Liability Cards are in the process of being terminated by American Express. US Bank VISA cards will be the new Travel Card.
When will my new VISA card be available?
During the week of October 24, 2016.
How will I get my new card?
The University has the new VISA cards and they will be available to pick up at the Henry Madden Library, Room 4157. Each cardholder can pick-up his or her card by scheduling an appointment with Kristopher Westcott during normal operating hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You will need to provide proof of ID.
Do I need to sign anything?
Yes. Each cardholder will sign a cardholder agreement, and acknowledging receipt of the Fresno State US Bank Personal Liability Handbook prior to receiving their card.
How do I activate my card?
Cardholders will call the activation phone line found on their cards to activate and begin use.
Will my cardholder statements be mailed to me or will they be available online?
Cardholders will receive statements by mail and also have online access their account.
How will this change affect my credit score, if at all?
US Bank is not reporting the replacement cards to credit reporting agencies, and the card will not be reflected in your credit report.
My American Express Card does not yet expire, will it still be active after October 31, 2016?
Regardless of the expiration date found on your American Express Card, the card will terminate on October 31, 2016.
What will happen to my remaining balance?
It is recommended for you to pay the remaining balance by the due date shown on your statement. Otherwise American Express will continue to send you statements until the balance is paid.
Will my credit limit stay the same with my new VISA?
Yes. Your credit limit on your new VISA will be the same as your American Express.
Will my maximum single purchase amount change?
No. Your maximum single purchase amount will not change from what was established with your American Express card.
What if I need (or) desire a higher limit?
Send your request to increase your credit limit, with manager approval to the University Controller. All limit increases are subject to evaluation and a credit check.
What is the University "Short Name" required for online access?
The University Short Name for online access is CSUCA
Does the US Bank website work on all browsers?
Yes, however, there has been noted technical issues when trying to access using Firefox.
What if I do not want the US Bank VISA?
You are welcome to opt-out of the card program or cancel your card by contacting the University Controller, Benjamin Hylton.
"I did not receive notification about ..."
If you have not received any information regarding cancellation of your American Express card, please contact a Travel Technician at 559-278-2911.