Travel Approval Guidelines
All non-essential travel is suspended until June 30, 2021. For more detailed information regarding travel, please click here: http://fresnostate.edu/president/coronavirus/communication/7-1-20-nonessential-travel.html
A traveler's approver may request receipts or additional documentation. For example:
- Travelers may be required to submit meal receipts if it appears they are treating the meal and incidental reimbursement cap as a per diem by routinely claiming the maximum amount of the cap
- A person who reports directly or indirectly to the traveler may not approve the Travel Expense Claim
- Persons delegated the authority to approve travel shall not approve their own travel
- Travelers may not approve the travel of a near relative, e.g., spouse, registered domestic partner, significant other, child, or parent.
Expenditures and Approvers
This is a partial list:
- Expenditures below $2,500 require approval by the Dean/Director
- Expenditures of $2,500 or more require approval by the Provost/Vice President
- International travel requires approval by the Interim Chief Financial Officer and the Provost/Vice President
- International travel to high risk areas must be coordinated through Risk Management and requires approval by the President and the California State University Executive Vice Chancellor
- Lodging rates greater than $275.00 per night, excluding taxes, must include a written justification with approval from the employee's Vice President.