Fresno State offers several ways to pay tuition, fees and other charges. Click on a payment option below to view instructions for use:
- Online payments use e-Pay (electronic check), SmartPay (credit card), International payment, or BankMobile Vibe Checking Account
- Send payment by mail
- Enroll in a payment plan
- Postpone payment of tuition with a fee waiver or deferment
- Learn about Student Account holds for non-payment
- View the California State University Fee Rates statement.
Online payments are accepted for:
- Tuition and fees
- Continuing and Global Education (i.e. Extension, Open University) registration
- Student parking permits
- All other miscellaneous charges reflected on student account balances.
Choose from one of the following online payment methods:
Credit Card Payments using SmartPay
There is a 2.65% service charge on all payment transactions when using this method. Fresno State accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through SmartPay. Click here for step-by-step instructions to pay using SmartPay and a credit card.
International Payment Instructions
For step-by-step instructions to pay with Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS) International Payment click here
Pay by Mail
The University is not responsible for delayed or lost mail. Information required on the face of the check, cashier's check or money orders:
- Student's first and last name
- Fresno State identification number
- Description of fee being paid (in note area of the check)
Checks, Cashier's Check, Money Orders
When you give Fresno State a check, Cashier's Check or Money Order as payment, you authorize us to either:
- Use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account, or to
- Process the payment as a check transaction.
- Make Personal Checks, Cashier's Check or Money Orders payable to: California State University, Fresno
Mail check, cashier's check, or money orders to:
California State University, Fresno
Cashiering Services - Joyal Administration Building
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S: JA 58
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
Writing a bad check is against the law. Recipients (receiver) of bad checks may sue the individual in California Small Claims court for three times the amount of the check or $100, whichever is more. In addition, suit may be made against the Payer for the face value of the check and all court costs. (California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719).
Writing a bad check will result in the following:
- Attachment of your University records and denial of all services
- A $20.00 processing charge
- Cancellation of enrollment. Once cancelled, you will not be reinstated
- Payment for returned checks must be made with a cashier's check or money order
- Personal checks will not be accepted, including checks written by a friend or relative
- Placing a "Stop Payment" or "closing" your account will not release you from your financial obligation, nor will it automatically drop you from enrollment
Tuition Fee Waivers, Deferments, Payment Plans, Sponsorships
Fresno State offers fee waivers, deferments, and sponsorships. Click here for a list of contacts.
The Summer Semester 2021 Payment Plan is now available through Student Self Service.
To enroll in the Payment Plan, sign in to My Fresno State at https://my.fresnostate.edu and click on Student Self Service>Student Center>My Finances (Financial Obligations and Financial Aid).
Proceed to the "other financial..." drop down menu and select "Enroll in Payment Plan" and click on the arrows to the right (>>). Then follow the 4-step process.
Please Note: Continuing and Global/Extended Education students are not eligible for the payment plan.
For step by step instructions, please click here
A hold will be placed on a student's account for any unpaid obligations owed to the University. Students will be denied class registration, grades and other university services until all obligations are paid. For more information, please contact the department on campus that requested placement of the student hold (California Administrative Code, Title 5, Section 42381).
For help with any of the payment options on this page, please contact Student Accounts at (559) 278-2876, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by in person at Joyal Administration, behind the South Lobby in Room 181.
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory system-wide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).