Fresno State offers several ways to pay tuition, fees and other charges. Click on a payment option below to view instructions for use:
- Online payments use e-Pay (electronic check), SmartPay (credit card), International Foreign Transfer, or BankMobile Vibe Checking account
- Pay in person with check, Cashier's Check,or Money Order
- Send payment by mail
- Enroll in a payment plan
- Postpone payment of tuition with a fee waiver or deferment
- Learn about Student Account holds for non-payment
- View the California State University Fee Rates statement.
Online payments are accepted for:
- Tuition and fees
- Continuing and Global Education (i.e. Extension, Open University) registration
- Student parking permits
- All other miscellaneous charges reflected on student account balances.
Choose from one of the following online payment methods:
Credit Card Payments using SmartPay
There is a 2.75% service charge on all payment transactions when using this method. Fresno State accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express through SmartPay. Click here for step-by-step instructions to pay using SmartPay and a credit card.
International Foreign Transfer (IFT)
Service charge depends on your country of origin foreign currency rate. For step-by-step instructions to pay with IFT click here.
BankMobile Vibe Checking Account
Pay in Person
Cash, checks, cashier's check, or money orders are accepted at Cashiering Services located in the south lobby of the Joyal Administration Building.
Checks, Cashier's Check, Money Orders
When you give Fresno State a check, Cashier's Check or Money Order as payment, you authorize us to either:
- Use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account, or to
- Process the payment as a check transaction.
- Make Personal Checks, Cashier's Check or Money Orders payable to: California State University, Fresno
Pay by Mail
The University is not responsible for delayed or lost mail. Information required on the face of the check, cashier's check or money orders:
- Student's first and last name
- Fresno State identification number
- Description of fee being paid (in note area of the check)
Mail check, cashier's check, or money orders to:
California State University, Fresno
Cashiering Services - Joyal Administration Building
5150 North Maple Avenue, M/S: JA 58
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
Writing a bad check is against the law. Recipients (receiver) of bad checks may sue the individual in California Small Claims court for three times the amount of the check or $100, whichever is more. In addition, suit may be made against the Payer for the face value of the check and all court costs. (California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719).
Writing a bad check will result in the following:
- Attachment of your University records and denial of all services
- A $20.00 processing charge
- Cancellation of enrollment. Once cancelled, you will not be reinstated
- Payment for returned checks must be made with a cashier's check or money order
- Personal checks will not be accepted, including checks written by a friend or relative
- Placing a "Stop Payment" or "closing" your account will not release you from your financial obligation, nor will it automatically drop you from enrollment
Tuition Fee Waivers, Deferments, Payment Plans, Sponsorships
Fresno State offers fee waivers, deferments, and sponsorships. Click here for a list of contacts.
The Spring 2020 Payment Plan is now available through Self Service.
To enroll in the Payment Plan, sign in to My Fresno State at https://my.fresnostate.edu and click on Student Self Service>Student Center>My Finances (Financial Obligations and Financial Aid).
Proceed to the "other financial..." drop down menu and select "Enroll in Payment Plan" and click on the arrows to the right (>>). Then follow the 4-step process.
Student Account Holds for Non-Payment
A hold will be placed on a student's account for any unpaid obligations owed to the University. Students will be denied class registration, grades, transcripts and other university services until all obligations are paid. For more information, please contact the department on campus that requested placement of the student hold (California Administrative Code, Title 5, Section 42381).
For help with any of the payment options on this page, please contact Student Accounts at (559) 278-2876, by email at email@example.com or stop by in person at Joyal Administration, behind the South Lobby in Room 181.