2015 WASC Team Visit
The re-accreditation process involved several specific steps, which culminated with a site visit in October of 2015. After the site visit, the WASC review team submitted their team report , and the WASC Commission followed up with the President, Provost, and Vice-Provost in 2016. WASC issued their formal letter, in March of 2016, affirming that Fresno State met or exceeded all requirements and officially granted Fresno State re-accreditation for ten years. The official WASC Letter also includes four commendations and four recommendations for further action. Fresno State has developed and implemented Institutional Learning Outcomes.
2015 WASC Accreditation Review Team
|Team Member||Institutional Affiliation||Position|
|Dr. Edward Ray, Chair||Oregon State University||President|
|Dr. Kathi A. Ketcheson, Assist. Chair||Portland State University||Institutional Research and Planning|
|Dr. Anita Borja Enriquez||University of Guam||Interim VP for Academic and Student Affairs|
|Dr. Patricia Mitchell||University of San Francisco||Assoc. Professor of Education|
|Dr. Gary Miller||California Baptist University||Adjunct Professor of Business|
A partial schedule for the re-accreditation process and a description of the Fresno State WASC Review Team appear below. The designated WASC Liaison officer for Fresno State, during the visit and currently, is Dr. Richard Winn.
- August 20, 2014 – Self Study document was due
- November 20, 2014 – Off site review -- a SKYPE call during which our outside review team asked questions, indicated preliminary findings based on the institutional report and identified the lines of inquiry that the team focused on when they visited campus.
- October 20-23, 2015 - Accreditation visit -- our outside review team visited campus and met with representatives to follow up on outstanding issues and verify or revise its preliminary findings.
- November 2015 -- WASC site visit report issued.
- Spring 2016 -- WASC Accreditation Decision and Official Letter issued.