Conditional Admission Requirements
Fall: Open from October 1 to May 1
Spring: Open from August 1 to November 1
*Consideration for admission after the deadlines is not guaranteed.
You are an International Student if:
You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card)
You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Fresno.
Apply for Conditional Admissions (ESL + Undergraduate or ESL + Graduate):
CSU Fresno offers conditional admission to students without qualifying English proficiency test scores such as (TOEFL or IELTS) in selected degrees and programs. Students accepted through conditional admission will receive a one-year language study I-20 Form from the university. Students will first enroll in the American English Institute (AEI) on campus. Once the students have fulfilled the requirement, they will receive an academic I-20 Form and will be allowed to study in the admitted programs. Graduate students will also need to meet the required GRE or GMAT scores before studying in the graduate programs.
After the submission, please don't worry if you have made any errors. You may contact your assigned International Admissions Specialists at the bottom of this webpage. They can help you with corrections.
2. A non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD for the paper application can be paid online here: https://commerce.cashnet.com/fresnoem_ISSP.
Or paid by check, money order, or bank draft; please make it payable to "California State University, Fresno". For Cal State Apply online application, you can pay by credit card.
3. Print and fill out the Conditional Admission Request Form.
4. Submit original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included. See chart below.
5. Financial document (no older than 6 months) from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study. For details please review the estimated yearly cost chart here.
6. A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
Express mail your completed application with official documents to:
California State University, Fresno
International Student Services & Programs (ISSP)
5150 N. Maple Ave. M/S JA56
Fresno, California 93740 USA
Please scan and email your unofficial documents immediately to the Admissions Specialists below. Upon admission, official documents will be required. Please refer to the information below so that you can contact the appropriate international admissions member if you require any assistance.
Last name begins with ALPHA:
A-G Danny Wan firstname.lastname@example.org
H-P Brenton Conner email@example.com
Q-Z Geovany Castillo firstname.lastname@example.org
For ALL undergraduate transfer applicants, please contact:
Alicia Montejano email@example.com
Await Confirmation of Application
* You will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your application.
* Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.