President's Honors Scholarship Application
The President's Honors Scholarship (PHS) Application deadline was December 15, 2020. Applicants will receive notification of their status by March 1, 2021. If you have not received your status notification, please check your Fresno State Email on Feb 18-19, 2021. All notifications went to Fresno State email addresses only.
These webinars focus on providing students and parents more information about the
Smittcamp Family Honors College at Fresno State. Dr. Saeed Attar will highlight the
benefits of the program, qualifications, application process and deadline. You can
view the last webinar on October 29, here.
Admission into the Smittcamp Family Honors College is highly competitive, and for good reason. This is one of the strongest programs in the Western United States. It offers exceptional students a chance to achieve academic mastery alongside a very select group of like-minded learners.
In order to qualify for admission, you must be a first-time freshman who has not been enrolled full-time at any institution of higher learning (i.e., community college or any four-year university).
Are you a candidate for our program? If you meet or exceed one or more of the following criteria, then you should definitely consider applying:
- Minimum 3.8 high school GPA
- Ranking in the top 10 percent of your high school graduating class
- PLEASE NOTE: The Smittcamp Family Honors College will not consider the SAT and/or ACT scores in it's evaluation of applications for the Fall 2021 Entering Cohort
To apply for the Smittcamp Family Honors College - President's Honors Scholarship, completion of the three applications below is MANDATORY. The application process is sequential— each application must be completed in the order below. Please review #5 Application Process and Submission information for steps on completing and submitting the President's Honors Scholarship.
1. Cal State Apply Application
Cal State Apply Application— October 1 to November 30, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply in early October.
- After submitting your application online, you should receive email notification of your conditional enrollment that includes your 9-digit Fresno State identification number, and instructions for setting up your Fresno State email account. You will need to set up your email account to access the Fresno State Scholarships Application.
- You will not be allowed to proceed to the next step before completing this application.
2. Fresno State Scholarships Application
Fresno State Scholarships Application— October 1, to December 10, 2020 (deadline for President's Honors Scholarship applicants).
- Using your Fresno State email username and password, log in to the Fresno State Scholarships website.
- Complete the Fresno State Scholarships application.
3. Smittcamp Family Honors College-President's Honors Scholarship Application
Smittcamp Family Honors College-President's Honors Scholarship Application — October 1, to December 10, 2020. This is a firm deadline.
- After completing the Fresno State Scholarships application, click on the Opportunities tab at the top of the page where you will find our scholarship opportunity listed.
- Next to the Smittcamp Family Honors College-President's Honors Scholarship link click on the red Apply button.
- Start the fill-able PDF application paying close attention to all the instructions included in the application.
- You must print, scan, and upload your application package by the firm submission deadline of December 10, 2020.
4. Free Application for Free Federal Aid (FAFSA) - Optional
- Optional, but may help with costs not covered by the President's Honors Scholarship.