Applicant Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for a job can be frustrating when using an online system that you may not have encountered. Here are some questions that may help.
How do I set up an account to apply for jobs at Fresno State?
Effective August 17, 2020
- The University implemented CHRS Recruiting, our new online recruiting system, powered by PageUp. All applicants will need to create an account to apply for positions. To set up an account, click Apply Now on the position you are interested in.
- You will be prompted to enter a valid email address to create an account. On the “Personal Details” section of the application, you will create a password for your account that you will continue to use each time you log in. Please use the same email address each time you apply for a position. This will assist the University in processing your application as quickly as possible. Note: Please make sure your email address is current.
How do I update my contact information (e.g. phone number or address change) in my Applicant Profile?
- Click on the Applicant Login button at Fresno State Careers and log in with the email address and password associated with your account. Click on “Update profile,” make your changes, and click Save. If the position you applied for is still posted, you can also update your application.
I can’t remember my password. How do I reset it?
- Locate the Applicant Login button at Fresno State Careers and click. You will see the login box with Email address and password. To reset your password, click “Forgotten your password?” link.
- Enter the email address associated with your account and click OK. An email will be sent that includes instructions on how to reset your password.
How does the hiring process work?
- If you possess the minimum qualification for the position, as indicated by your application, your information will be reviewed by the hiring authority or search committee, as applicable. Upon the hiring authority or committee’s review of your qualifications, you may be contacted for an interview. If you successfully complete the interview process, the hiring department will check references, conduct a background check, and perform post-offer testing as required.
I made a mistake on my application. How do I correct it?
- If you made a mistake on your application (name address, education, employment) you'll be able to update your profile information. Log in to your account and click the button "Update profile"
- You'll have options to update your Personal details, Education, Employment
- You will also have an option to update your Resume, or add one if you haven't, yet.
Can I withdraw my application once I have submitted it for a specific job posting?
- Yes, you may withdraw your application. Log in to your account and click the button labeled Withdraw.
- If you would like to resubmit your application, you must do so prior to the deadline for the job posting.
Do I need to fill out all the fields in the application process?
- You are required to complete all information in the application process that has an asterisk (*) identifying the field as a required field. You will not be able to proceed in the application process if you do not complete the required fields.
Where and How do I view the Offer?
- Click on the Applicant Login button at Fresno State Careers and log in with the email address and password associated with your account. At the top of the screen, you will see a yellow bar with the words "View Offer"
- Click on the "View Offer" link to view the unofficial offer.
What is the Employment Offer and I why can't I click "I agree"?
- Your official appointment notice will be uploaded for you to click and view.
For Temporary Faculty:
- The Employment Offer is a "Fresno State Welcome" to the temporary faculty pool. Your official appointment notice (contract) will be available after the Onboarding Process is completed.
- You must click on the "Fresno State Welcome"; when you click on the link, the document will automatically download to your computer.
- You must click the checkbox; after you click the checkbox, the "I agree" will then become a functional button for you to click and continue.
Who do I contact if I need an accommodation?
- Individuals may request a reasonable accommodation during the application and/or interview process. Please contact the Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Coordinator for assistance.