Teaching and Learning Tools
- Canvas - fresnostate.instructure.com
- Zoom - fresnostate.zoom.us
- GoogleApps including YouTube (googleapps.fresnostate.edu) or Office 365 (login.microsoftonline.com)
- Panopto (access through Canvas)
For those instructors who do not regularly use Canvas, a Continuity Teaching Template has been developed for quickly organizing course content. This template is found in Canvas Commons and an instructional video (2:18) has been created taking you step-by-step in how to import the template.
Canvas Instructor Guide (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10460-canvas-instructor-guide-table-of-contents)
- Teacher App (download from app store)
- Student App (download from app store)
- Assignments Use the assignment tool to collect student work. A column is automatically created
in the Canvas Gradebook.
- Quizzes Create quizzes to check student knowledge
- Discussion Boards Use discussion boards for student interaction. Discussions can be graded or ungraded
- Google Assignments create, analyze, and grade coursework. Version control. Grammar suggestions. Comment bank. Spell checking. Two-way commenting. Use as an external tool through a Canvas Assignment.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser is a secure browser used solely for taking online exams and quizzes within Canvas.
- Turnitin is an originality checking and plagiarism prevention service. Use as part of a Canvas Assignment.
- Gradebook Use the Canvas Gradebook to track students' grades.
Zoom is a cloud conferencing system that provides a video meeting space, lecture capture, and classroom environments. It allows for video, audio, and screen sharing between participants. It can be used from any computer, laptop, tablet, or phone. (fresnostate.zoom.us) Training and How-to Information
Instructional Video Tools
Panopto is a video platform that can be used to record video and add content to Canvas courses. Access Panopto through your Canvas courses. More information can be found on this page.
Zoom - Pre-record a lecture/presentation and upload to Canvas for students to access or host a synchronous session and record it for later review. (fresnostate.zoom.us)
Camtasia is a powerful screen capture tool and video editor that allows you to create high-quality recordings for your class. Ask your IT Liaison to install it for you.
Screencast-o-matic is a free online video recording tool that captures your screen, webcam or both while narrating over the recording. (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
YouTube is a video sharing service where users can watch, share, and upload videos. All faculty, staff, and students have their own YouTube account through their GoogleApps/Fresno State account (googleapps.fresnostate.edu - YouTube found through 9 dot icon in upper-right corner)
Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, YouTube, etc.)
An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps. Includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Sheets, Forms, YouTube, Calendar, and more. (googleapps.fresnostate.edu)
Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.)
Online access to all Microsoft products. Ability to collaborate. All faculty, staff, and students have access to Office 365. (login.microsoftonline.com)
Library remote and 24/7 services and resources are listed here: any updates to library services and resources will also be posted here.
>> Next Section - Get Help >>