Conduct Class Online
- Consider using Zoom to conduct online synchronous class sessions or hold online office hours
- Record class presentations using Zoom, Panopto, Screencast-o-matic, Camtasia or similar and share through Canvas
Ways to Move Your Class Online
There are circumstances that may prevent you from meeting face-to-face with your students. Consider these options for moving your class online.
Schedule live Zoom sessions to present class lectures at the same time your class is typically scheduled to occur.
Record the sessions and upload links to Canvas so students that can't attend the live sessions can watch them later.
Schedule office hours at a recurring date/time using Zoom.
- Create a Zoom session at fresnostate.zoom.us or use your Personal Meeting Room. Post a Canvas Announcement or send an email through the Canvas Inbox letting your students know when the session will occur and providing the link to the session.
- Be sure you have a computer with a microphone and webcam (optional) available.
- Students will be able to access session through a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone (app needed).
- Zoom at Fresno State Guide (including Best Practices)
- Zoom Videos
- Download and install Zoom. Check regularly to be sure you have the latest version. https://zoom.us/download
Use Canvas to deliver class asynchronously.
All Fresno State classes have a course shell in Canvas (fresnostate.edu/canvas) where you can post Announcements, Files, Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, and communicate with your students.