Working with Faculty
The most effective way to work with faculty is to treat the relationship as a partnership. Try to get to know the instructor and their course. What kind of experience are they hoping their students will get from the service? Do their ideas fit in with what you can offer students? Ensuring that the service will provide a reciprocal benefit for both the student and the CBO will lead to a highly positive experience. There is nothing wrong with telling a faculty that the agency is not able to provide the right experience for their students based on the course curriculum.
Best Tips for Partnering with Faculty
- Collaborate and work as partners with faculty.
- Ensure a good fit by determining the needs of the faculty member, their students, and your agency.
- Discuss concerns you have with faculty and keep the lines of communication open.
- Share how much the students helped your agency or challenges you have encountered during the semester.
- Establish frequent and open communication. Faculty are not always going to be the one to initiate the communication, there is nothing wrong with an agency taking on this role.
If you have any questions, thoughts, ideas please do not hesitate to contact Trisha Studt, Community Partnerships Coordinator by calling 559.278.7508 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.