About the Women's Resource Center
Mission : The Women’s Resource Center at California State University, Fresno is established to enhance the learning, work, and life experiences of women in the university community and to educate the campus on women’s issues. The Women’s Resource Center is a compassionate, inclusive, feminist place that provides a sense of belonging, advocacy, and resources for the campus community. It promotes success and nurtures holistic growth and development through various opportunities, activities, and events that focus on women with an eye toward gender, founded in a framework that is fully inclusive of diversity.
Vision: Empowered women lead the campus community in self-actualizing activities. The Women’s Resource Center (WRC) and its purpose are known campus-wide. Women, men, students, staff, and faculty, all feel comfortable walking into the WRC to participate or seek services. The WRC reaches out to the campus community to help create a climate that embraces equality. The WRC leads a full spectrum of activist/advocacy efforts in areas concerning women, all of which serve an educational purpose. The activities and staff inspire the campus community to collaborate to eradicate sexism, racism, heterosexism, ableism, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination that women may experience.
- To provide a physical space in which women can share with each other, learn in a collaborative rather than competitive fashion, and seek growth-promoting experiences consistent with the unique modes of learning and communication.
- To provide referral and peer counseling support services to anyone who is coping with personal transitions, crisis or any other life experiences for which they need nonjudgmental guidance and support.
- To promote the eradication of individual and institutional sexism, racism, heterosexism, classism and other forms of prejudice and discrimination which affect all of us in a university community.
- To promote choices and expanded options for women in leading fulfilling, productive lives.
- To provide women with a variety of intellectual, cultural, social, artistic, recreational, and professional growth activities the celebrate the multicultural composition of our community and promote healthful lifestyles and non-violenct relationships.