Safety Tips to Help Everyone Enjoy the Night Out
- Stay true to yourself. Saying “I don’t want to” is enough. You don’t have to justify why.
- Have a code word with your friends or family that lets them know you are in an uncomfortable situation.
- Lie if you need to. It is better to lie and leave than to stay in an uncomfortable or scary situation.
- Clearly communicate limits to partners, friends, acquaintances.
- Never leave a party with someone you don’t know.
- Trust your feelings. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
- Learn all you can and talk with your friends. Help them to stay safe.
- Download free Apps (like Circle of 6) that can help you and your friends check in on one another throughout the night.
- Make sure you have an Affirmative Yes from your partner(s) before engaging in any type of sexual activity.
- Discuss plans/intentions with friends before you go out so everyone is clear and on the same page.