Does the Academic Test Center (ATC) supply students with scantrons?
- Yes. We provide scantrons needed for multiple choice exams unless your instructor has specified otherwise. There is no charge for the scantron forms.
Can I make an appointment to take my exam?
- No. We have only walk-in, first-come-first-serve services. It is highly recommended that students take their exam earlier than later since most students wait until the last day and this may create extended wait times for seats on busy days.
What am I allowed or not allowed to take in the Academic Test Center?
The Academic Test Center needs to be a secure environment so there are a few rules in place.
- You MUST have your Fresno State ID card in order to test. No exceptions.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Test Center.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices MUST be powered completely off and put in bag.
- No block or push erasers are allowed. We have erasers for your use.
- Calculator covers must be removed and put in bag.
- Approved note cards for use with your exam MUST be on 5 x 8 index cards, (not paper) and handwritten only.
- Only immediate testing materials are allowed on your desk. All other items, must be in your backpack, purse or an ATC mesh bag, stored by your feet.
- Hats,hoodies and sunglasses cannot be worn during testing.
- Skate boards, Kinesiology pipes or other large items can be placed at the front of the testing room.
- Unless you have special accommodations through Services for Students With Disabilities, no restroom breaks are allowed after check-in. Please use the facilities before you come in to take your exam.
If you have any questions on any of the rules in the ATC, please ask staff at check-in.
Why do you have variable operation hours
To better accommodate students’ busy schedules, we offer variable hours of operation including some nights and weekends if needed. We must limit our hours to reduce operational expenses and maximize the effectiveness of the ATC