The Confidential Survivor Advocate at Fresno State Will:
- Provide compassionate and confidential support for those who have experienced sexual violence, dating/domestic violence, stalking and/or sexual harassment.
- Not direct you to or discourage you from any course of action.
- Provide a safe space to discuss your options.
- Support your choices and the decisions you make.
- Advocate for victim/survivors in their recovery.
The Confidential Survivor Advocate can Help in the Following Ways:
- Confidential crisis intervention
- Survivor support, education, referrals
- Information on reporting options
- Assistance filing a report with law enforcement or the Title IX Coordinator
- Arrange medical care for treatment of sexual assault and/or dating/domestic violence related injuries
- Accompaniment to Title IX meetings, Law enforcement interviews, medical appointments, court proceedings
- Academic, administrative, and housing intervention and assistance if necessary
It is the right of a Sexual Assault, Dating/Domestic Violence, or Stalking Victim/Survivor at Fresno State who reports their experience to the Survivor Advocate to anticipate that:
- You have a right to compassionate and confidential support and assistance.
- You will be treated with dignity and respect and in a non-judgmental manner.
- All sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking cases will be treated seriously.
- You have a right to file a confidential report with the Survivor Advocate and VPA Office.
- You will be notified of all campus organizations and services that can assist you.
- You will be notified of your option to (1) not report (2) report anonymously (3) report confidentially (4) report to Title IX (5) report to Law enforcement if you disclose an incident of sexual assault, relationship violence and/or stalking.
- You will never be forced to report or respond in a certain manner from Fresno State Personnel. We will provide options, you can choose which options you would and would not like to pursue.
- You will be provided with available on and off-campus counseling and other resources when reporting a sexual assault, relationship violence or stalking.