Supporting students through community and guidance
The Men’s Success Initiative is launching a one-year mentorship program this August to support incoming freshmen who identify men of color/men. This program will support Fresno State students as they acclimate to higher education by creating a sense of belonging and increasing their retention rate.
- A peer mentor welcomes you and helps you establish yourself within the community.
- A peer mentor can educate you about networking with faculty and staff.
- A peer mentor can provide support in answering questions that you may feel reluctant or too diffident to ask your professor.
- Share personal campus experience and knowledge.
- Obtain personal satisfaction from making a difference to inspire others.
- Resume experience and increase professional networks.
- Build self-esteem and confidence professionally and personally.
For more information, email Estevan Parra: firstname.lastname@example.org.