About Our Program
Men of color/men are graduating and being retained at rates lower than other segments of the student population which impacts the student body overall, their families, their communities and our nation.
- Increase first-year retention rates of full-time, first-time men of color/men ("men")
- Increase two-year graduation rates of men
- Increase four-year graduation rates of men
- Increase the course unit loads per semester of men to decrease time to degree.
- To create a culture that rejects toxic masculinity and safely explores men and masculinity through different cultures
- To explore and engage with healthy disruptive transformation of men and masculinity
- Increase the overall engagement of men on campus.
- Identify key strategies to engage and promote positive men's and masculinity
- Cultivate partnerships both on- and off-campus (i.e. junior colleges, high schools, etc.)
- Increase the number of men who use the following resources:
- Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring
- Career Development Center
- Money Management Center
- University Advising Center and other academic advising services
- Student Involvement Center