Manage My Team
Student Athletes Registration
Click here to register your home/away games
SPORTS PERFORMANCE / SERVICES
Sports Medicine Clinic
Sports Medicine is an integral part of the healthcare team here at Fresno State. The Sports Medicine Clinic gives Club Sports athletes access to a physician, physical therapist and an athletic trainer for evaluation, injury management, assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and referral.
Clinic is open for walk-ins and appointments: Opening September 2, 2015
Mondays from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
To schedule an appointment Click Here or call 559.278.2743
I think I have a concussion "what now"
After sustaining a head injury with concussion symptoms:
(Loss of consciousness, seizure, nausea or vomiting, irritability, sadness, fatigue, headache, dizziness, confusion, or many others)
- Remove yourself from competition and/or practice and seek immediate medical evaluation.
- Notify your coach and the Club Sports Office at 559.278.2741
- Take the “REMOVAL-FROM-PLAY/LEARN” NOTIFICATION when you visit your private licensed physician or the Fresno State Student Health Center.
- If determined to be diagnosed with a concussion bring signed copy of the “REMOVAL-FROM-PLAY/LEARN” NOTIFICATION to the Club Sports Office in USU 306. Club Sports will assist you in notifying your team coach, captain and current instructors.
- Once cleared by a licensed physician and it is determined you can return to play or classroom activity, have your physician complete the Return-to-Play and Return-to-Learn notifications, and bring them to the Club Sports Office in USU 306. Club Sports will assist you in notifying your team coach, captain and current instructors.
"Return to Play"
This form to be used by athletes/physicians for returning to club sport/team activity following a concussion treatment/care.
"Return to Learn"
This form to be used by athletes/physicians for returning to the classroom following a concussion treatment/care.
Concussion Management Protocol
Health and safety of our athletes is important to us. Our concussion management protocol outlines the Fresno State Club Sports program's philosophical approach to prevent further injury, advise health care, and support our athletes.
Wellness, Nutrition, Injury Prevention Consultation
Consultation provides teams/athletes with understanding of injury prevention through strength and conditioning techniques.
Consultation to review and assess the nutritional demands of your sport specific athletic training program, your athletic goals, nutrition, and diet history. You will be provided with a sports-specific nutrition plan.
Consultation and assessment measurements include height, weight, body fat, and lean body mass. review your goals. assist in formulating healthy, realistic, measurable performance and aesthetic goals based on our baseline tests. A wellness consultation can include an aerobic capacity test, and a functional movement test.
Request a Consultation
Sports Psychology Consultation
Sports Psychology Consultation
- team cohesion,
- goal setting,
- mental preparation,
- focus and refocusing skills,
- confidence, etc.
- The form will be reviewed by Eddie Dominguez (Director, Club Sports) and Dr. Jenelle N. Gilbert (CC-AASP), who will supervise the sport psychology collaboration.
- Athletes will be provided confirmation that their request for services was received.
- If successful in their request, the club sports team will be contacted by a Sport Psychology graduate student.
- To achieve the requirements of the internship, the graduate student will arrange meetings with individuals or the team, attend practices and/or competitions.
*Though every effort will be made to accommodate all requests, placement of graduate students is not guaranteed.
Request a Consultation
HANDBOOK, FORMS & MODELS
- Fresno State Club Sports Handbook (Currently being reviewed/updated 06/2015)
- Grade Check Form: This form to be used to get a mid year update of student athlete academic performance.
- Coach Contract Form: a sample contract that outlines the duties/responsibilities/terms between a coach and a team
- Student Coach Agreement Form: a sample agreement that outlines the duties/responsibilities/terms between a student coach and a team
FUNDING / LICENSING / INSURANCE
ASI funding requests are made in the current academic year.
Associated Student Inc. (ASI) serves as the student body government on the Fresno State campus and offers clubs the opportunity to receive up to $3,000 in financial support in any one academic year. ASI funding is available for Club Sports teams to cover the cost of event referees, equipment, athletic trainers, and coaches. Club Sports teams may use ASI funding for uniforms as long as they are not personalized and remain with the team for 3 years. New uniforms may only be purchased every 3 years. To learn more and apply, visit ASI Funding.
IRA funding requests are made in the spring semester for the following academic year.
IRA activities include those which are essential to providing a quality educational program and enhance instructional experiences for students. IRA funding will only cover travel costs associated with competition such as vehicle rentals, fuel, lodging, and tournament fees. To learn more and apply, visit Instructionally Related Activities.
Before undertaking any type of fundraising campaign, please consult with a Club Sports Coordinator to ensure that all efforts are conducted in a proper manner.
Approved Fundraising Activities:
- Hosting special events
- Car Washes
- Monetary or product donations from local businesses. Teams do not automatically have a 501 (c) (3) designation for accepting donations. Teams can advertise for local businesses, but cannot use the University’s status as a non-profit organization
- T-shirt or merchandise sales (Logos must be approved by Trademark office)
- Food sales (Begin process by contacting Student Involvement Center)
- “Group Work” for various Bulldog athletic events such as parking lot control or event security
- Restaurant Partnership: Reservation for a block of time in which the club receive a percentage of the sales that are generated during that time
- Online Crowdfunding Resources such as GoFundMe.com
Denied Fundraising Activities
- Raffles: Considered gambling and against University policy. Drawing are allowed, but tickets cannot be sold or traded for goods or services
- Any event that may be perceived in bad taste. When in doubt, please consult the Club Sports office
Logo and Trademark Usage
Why have a licensing program?
A trademark licensing program gives the University control over its logos and marks, thus, ensuring the quality and consistency of all of the University's merchandise.
What qualifies as a trademark?
Any mark, logo, symbol, nickname, letter(s), word(s) or combination of these that can be associated with the University qualifies as a trademark.
What about using the University's name or logo on a web Site?
Every use of the University's trademarks requires permission from the University and the Licensing Coordinator. The World Wide Web has made it easy for alumni, fans and supporters to build web pages with the University's name and logos, and the University appreciates this support. However, federal trademark laws require that the University control its name and marks; therefore, the University must be very selective in granting permission in these and all instances. For more information, contact the University's Licensing Coordinator, Clarence Chiong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does this affect Club Sports teams?
Club Sports teams who wish to use any trademarked or federally registered University wording, logos or symbols, including their own team logo, must get prior approval from Clarence Chiong at email@example.com and also submit a Royalty Waiver Form.
Process to obtain insurance certifications / proof of insurance
To request insurance certifications or proof of insurance for use of an off campus facility, send an email request to Lisa Kao, firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy John Hung, email@example.com. In your email, include a copy of the facility use agreement, the dates of use, and the facility point of contact.
Club Sports Insurance
The insurance provided by the Club Sports Program provides coverage in addition to your personal/primary insurance. If an athlete does not have personal/primary insurance, the Club Sports insurance may provide coverage for incidents resulting from participation in Club Sports activities.