USU Board of Directors
The USU Board of Directors gives students a voice when it comes to decision-making
for the University Student Union (USU) and Satellite Student Union (SSU) facilities
with an annual operating budget of over $2 million dollars. Student leaders work alongside
faculty and administrators from across campus to help the USU meet the needs of Fresno
Click here to check out our blog for weekly updates and news!
Did you know?
- An average of 94,000 people visit the USU each month
- The USU employs more than 70 students each year
- Students pay $61 per semester to support their University Student Union and Satellite
Student Union facilities
Athena Niayesh, Chair
Carly Robinson, Vice Chair
Budget and Operations Committee
Zachary Jones, Chair
Ilene Sanchez, Vice Chair
J. Luis Espinoza
Public Relations and Marketing Committee
Nicholas Matoian, Chair
Piper Walker, Vice Chair
Evangelia Pappas, Associated Students, Inc.
Gilbert Falcon, Campus Involvement Ambassadors
Alejandra Prado, USU Productions
Faculty and Staff
Dr. Bernadette Muscat, President Designee
Dr. Carolyn Coon, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Dr. Colin Stewart, Associate Dean of Student Involvement
Mehrzad Zarrin, Associate Director of Student Union Facilities and Operations (USU)
Shawna Blair, Programs and Events Coordinator
REPRESENT the voice of students on campus on issues affecting the USU and Satellite Student Union;
ENCOURAGE student involvement and leadership development;
PROMOTE college life through USU Productions, providing diverse educational and social activities and entertainment;
SERVE as a liaison to University faculty, students, administrators, alumni and guests;
and PROVIDE a positive learning environment through programs, services and facilities that support student success by acting on ideas, research, debate and vote.
For the full description of the USU Board of Directors' role, please click here to download our bylaws.
The USU Board of Directors meet on Mondays from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in University Student Union, room 308.
Monday, November 6: Agenda
Monday, December 4
Monday, February 5
Monday, March 5
Monday, April 2
Monday, May 7
**Meetings will take place in USU 312-314 for the spring semester.
By joining the USU Board, you will be able to:
- Improve one's written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Gain professional skills while delegating and assuming responsibilities.
- Gain financial leadership skills by learning about student fees and student funded programs and services.
- Strengthen one's own personal development as a leader by being directly involved in the decision-making process for projects and operations related to the USU and SSU.
Interested in joining the USU Board of Directors team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org today!