Leadership Academy

Attend any 4 Leadership On Demand workshops per semester and be received into the Leadership Academy. Leadership On Demand workshops are meant to be self-contained, one-hour tutorials on specific leadership concepts and skills. Previous topics have included local demographics, public speaking, leadership, and more. (Presenters with a 'YR indicate Fresno State alumni returning to give back to their University.) No prior registration necessary. Seating is first-come, first-served. All participants are welcome. If you need special accommodations please view the campus Accessibility Resource Guide or call 559-278-2741.

Fall 2017 Leadership On Demand Schedule

Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held on Tuesdays in USU 312-314 from 5-6 PM. Topic schedule subject to change.

Date Topic Presenter
Tues.,
Sept. 26
Leadership 101 Center for Leadership Staff
A brief overview of essential leadership skills and concepts. 
Tues.,
Oct. 3
Networking for Introverts Esra Hashem ('13, '16)
Did you know that only 20% of jobs are advertised? That means that the majority of job seekers are applying for just a handful of jobs. So, what about the other 80%? That's where networking comes in. Fresno State alum Esra Hashem ('13, '16) will share 10 tips for effective networking and leveraging your personality's natural strengths. Whether you're an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert - you won't want to miss this workshop so you can gain an edge in networking.
Tues.,
Oct. 10
Motivation Center for Leadership Staff
Learn how to apply the essentials of motivating others to make 
your teams more effective.
Tues.,
Oct. 17
Public Speaking Sierra Toastmasters
A workshop modeling the Toastmaster International methodology pursued worldwide to attain competitive speaking, leadership, and personal presentation skills. This methodology, consistently updated since its creation in 1929 by Ralph Smedley, has motivated and allowed many of today’s world leaders in all walks of life to attain the forefront of their career choices.
Tues., 
Oct. 24
Student Leader Panel Center for Leadership Staff
Experienced student leaders and alumni share their 
insights on effective leadership in college and beyond.

 

 

Spring 2017 Leadership On Demand Schedule

Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held on Tuesdays in Education 140 from 5-6 PM. Topic schedule subject to change.

Date Topic Presenter
Tues.,
Feb. 28
Leadership 101 Center for Leadership Staff
A brief overview of essential leadership skills and concepts.
Tues.,
Mar. 7
Motivation Madelyn Capistrano ('16)
Learn how to apply the essentials of motivating others to make
your teams more effective.
Tues.,
Mar. 14
Networking for Introverts Esra Hashem ('13, '16)
Did you know that only 20% of jobs are advertised? That means that the majority of job seekers are applying for just a handful of jobs. So, what about the other 80%? That's where networking comes in. Fresno State alum Esra Hashem ('13, '16) will share 10 tips for effective networking and leveraging your personality's natural strengths. Whether you're an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert - you won't want to miss this workshop so you can gain an edge in networking.
Tues.,
Mar. 21
Marketing Michele Meisch ('97)
Michele will be challenging you to think about marketing in a different way and will take you on a deeper dive into how companies identify and reach their target market. She’ll also be revealing some practical tactics about marketing yourself to prospective employers after you graduate. After all, learning how to better market yourself will only help you on your career path. 
Tues., 
Mar. 28
Public Speaking Sierra Toastmasters
A workshop modeling the Toastmaster International methodology pursued worldwide to attain competitive speaking, leadership, and personal presentation skills. This methodology, consistently updated since its creation in 1929 by Ralph Smedley, has motivated and allowed many of today’s world leaders in all walks of life to attain the forefront of their career choices.
Tues.,
April 4
 
Student Leader Panel Center for Leadership Staff
Experienced student leaders and alumni share their
insights on effective leadership in college and beyond.