Leadership Programs builds the leadership capacity of Fresno State students through the development of personal leadership philosophies applied to campus, community, and national issues.
We connect students with opportunities to learn and grow as leaders through our Signature Programs:
- Just getting started? Join us for an Emerging Leaders Retreat and discover your leadership potential! During this 3-day experience you'll get to know other students, learn about leadership, and have fun!
- Attend any four Fresno State Talks or Leadership On Demand events and you'll be inducted into the Leadership Academy. You'll receive automatic access to other leadership events and opportunities.
- The Co-Curricular Leadership Certificate will help you learn advanced leadership skills, make the most of your involvement, and prepare you to market yourself to future employers!
- Graduate students have the unique opportunity to participate in the Graduate Student Leadership Institute. This two day retreat was designed specifically for this population and focuses on skills you can use to give yourself a professional edge.
Looking for more ways to be a leader at Fresno State? Check our Recruitment page to explore even more options.
Want to get involved on campus but not sure where to start? ELR has helped hundreds of students find their best fit! Build connections on campus and in the community while exploring leadership and having fun!
ELR is FREE to all students and includes a ropes course experience, networking opportunities, community service, and more.
ELR Spring 2017 Retreat Dates
- Friday, February 24 - Sunday, February 26
- Friday, March 3 - Sunday, March 5
Registration for Spring 2017: http://bit.ly/elrsp17
Attend any 4 Fresno State Talks or Leadership On Demand workshops per semester and be received into the Leadership Academy. No prior registration necessary.
Spring 2017 Leadership On Demand Schedule. Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held on Tuesdays in Education 140 from 5-6 PM. Topic schedule subject to change. Please click on the "Leadership Academy" link to your left for workshop descriptions.
- Tuesday, February 28 - Leadership 101 presented by Leadership Staff
- Tuesday, March 7 - Motivation
- Tuesday, March 14 - Networking for Introverts
- Tuesday, March 21 - Marketing
- Tuesday, March 28 - Public Speaking
- Tuesday, April 4 - Student Leader Panel
Saturday, February 4 - Sunday, February 5
The Graduate Student Leadership Institute (GSLI) - a leadership opportunity designed specifically for post-baccalaureate students - is a two day immersive experience that covers advanced leadership and professional development topics. Get to know graduate students from other departments (and connect with the leaders of tomorrow); get the benefit of years of experience in a concise curriculum; and boost your capacity for leadership at the Spring 2017 GSLI.