Leadership Programs builds the leadership capacity of Fresno State students through the development of personal leadership philosophies applied to campus, community, and national issues.
We connect students with opportunities to learn and grow as leaders through our Signature Programs:
- Just getting started? Join us for an Emerging Leaders Retreat and discover your leadership potential! During this 3-day experience you'll get to know other students, learn about leadership, and have fun!
- Attend any four Leadership On Demand events and you'll be inducted into the Leadership Academy. You'll receive automatic access to other leadership events and opportunities.
- The Co-Curricular Leadership Certificate will help you learn advanced leadership skills, make the most of your involvement, and prepare you to market yourself to future employers!
- Graduate students have the unique opportunity to participate in the Graduate Student Leadership Institute. This two day retreat was designed specifically for this population and focuses on skills you can use to give yourself a professional edge.
Looking for more ways to be a leader at Fresno State? Check our Recruitment page to explore even more options.
Want to get involved on campus but not sure where to start? ELR has helped hundreds of students find their best fit! Build connections on campus and in the community while exploring leadership and having fun!
ELR is FREE to all students and includes a ropes course experience, networking opportunities, community service, and more. Please bring your student ID card to check in at the event.
Three Retreats Offered in Fall
Two Retreats Offered in Spring (Dates Below)
Register today at: bit.ly
ELR Spring 2019 Retreat Dates
- Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24
- Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10
Attend any four Leadership On Demand workshops per semester and be received into the Leadership Academy. No prior registration necessary, just bring your student ID card to check in.
Spring 2019 Leadership On Demand Schedule. Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held on Tuesdays from 5-6 PM in the Henry Madden Library room 2134 or join us virtually through Zoom! Please click on the "Leadership Academy" link to your left for Workshop descriptions and information on how to Zoom in to the workshops. Topic schedule subject to change.
February 12- Leadership Tips: Resumes and Interviews
- February 19- Netflix & Lead
- February 26- The Woke Leader
- March 5- The Power of Public Speaking
- March 12- Student Leader Panel
Saturday, April 6 & Sunday, April 7, 2019
Register today at: bit.ly/gslispring19
The Graduate Student Leadership Institute (GSLI) is a leadership opportunity designed specifically for post-baccalaureate students. GSLI is a two day immersive experience that covers advanced leadership and professional development topics. At the event you will get to know graduate students from other departments (and connect with the leaders of tomorrow), get the benefit of years of experience in a concise curriculum, and boost your capacity for leadership.
Leadertrips offers personal leadership development through experiential learning at off-campus destinations! Details and registration information to be announced mid Spring semester for summer 2019!
Lenses of Leadership is a monthly leadership panel, which examines how our intersecting identities influences our approach to leadership. Check out faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community members share their leadership lessons from their personal experiences. Each month features a specific identity (race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.). This program is a partnership between the Center for Leadership, Cross Cultural and Gender Center, and the Learning Center. Refreshments provided!
Monthly Panel Dates from 12:30pm - 1:30pm in HML 3212:
- Thursday, February 21st- African American/Black History Month
- Thursday, March 21st- Women's History Month
- Thursday, April 25th- Celebrate Diversity Month
The Center for Leadership will be hosting a brand new leadership conference on Saturday, March 30th! This conference is for all students who are looking to increase their leadership skills and competencies. Program sessions and speakers will include various topics such as: social justice, leadership and identity, team building, motivation, creativity, and more. Additional details coming soon!