Leadership and Social Justice Programs
Leadership and Social Justice Programs builds the leadership capacity of Fresno State students through a social justice lens. Our programs allow students to develop self-awareness and their personal leadership philosophy.
We connect students with opportunities to learn and grow as leaders through our signature programs:
- Just getting started? Join us for an Emerging Leaders Retreat and discover your leadership potential! During this 3-day experience you'll get to know other students, learn about leadership and social justice, and have fun!
- Attend any four Leadership On Demand events and you'll be inducted into the Leadership Academy. You'll receive automatic access to other leadership events and opportunities.
- Graduate students have the unique opportunity to participate in the Graduate Student Leadership Institute. This two day retreat was designed specifically for this population and focuses on skills you can use to give yourself a professional edge.
Looking for more ways to be a leader at Fresno State? Check our Recruitment page to explore even more options.
Want to get involved on campus but not sure where to start? ELR has helped hundreds of students find their best fit! Build connections on campus and in the community while exploring leadership and having fun!
ELR is FREE to all students and includes a ropes course experience, networking opportunities, community service, and more. Please bring your student ID card to check in at the event.
Two Retreats Offered in the Fall and Spring (Fall Dates Below)
Register today at: bit.ly
ELR Fall 2019 Retreat Dates
- Friday, October 11 - Sunday, October 13
- Friday, November 22 - Sunday, November 24
Attend any four Leadership On Demand workshops per semester and be received into the Leadership Academy. No prior registration necessary to attend in person, just bring your ID card! To attend virtually through Zoom, please register with your Fresno State email username and password. Register for the online workshops at bit.ly/zoomleadership.
Fall 2019 Leadership On Demand Schedule. Each Leadership On Demand workshop will be held on Tuesdays from 5-6PM in the University Student Union. Please click on the "Leadership Academy" link to your left for workshop descriptions and information on how to Zoom in to the workshops. Topic schedule subject to change.
- Tuesday, October 1st: "Fearless Leadership" by Jerry Gomez & Sophie Karas
- Tuesday, October 8th:"Student Leader Panel" with Alisha Wilson, Michael Ballin, Allison Bacani, Sanjay Soundarajan, & D'Aungillique Jackson
- Tuesday, October 15th:"Lived Experiences Matter: Uncovering Your Leadership Journey" by Gilbert Falcon & Ramiro Merino
- Tuesday, October 22nd: "Lyrical Leadership" by Cameron Brackett & Cydney Caradonna
- Tuesday, October 29th:"Mastering Mentoring Through Cultural Competency" by Cameron Brackett
Graduate Student Leadership Institute
Saturday, September 28 & Sunday, September 29
Register today at: bit.ly/gslifall19
The Graduate Student Leadership Institute (GSLI) is a leadership opportunity designed specifically for post-baccalaureate students. GSLI is a two day immersive experience that covers advanced leadership and professional development topics. At the event you will get to know graduate students from other departments (and connect with the leaders of tomorrow), get the benefit of years of experience in a concise curriculum, and boost your capacity for leadership.
Lenses of Leadership is a monthly leadership panel, which examines how our intersecting identities influences our approach to leadership. Check out faculty, staff, administrators, students, and community members share their leadership lessons from their personal experiences. Each month features a specific identity (race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.). This program is a partnership between the Center for Leadership, the Cross Cultural and Gender Center, and SupportNet. Refreshments provided!
Monthly Panel Dates from 12:30pm - 1:30pm in USU 312-314:
- Thursday, February 21st- LatinX
- Thursday, March 21st- Asian American Pacific Islander
- Thursday, April 25th- Mental Health
- Thursday, December 5th- LGBTQQ+
Bulldog Leadership Conference
This conference takes place in the Spring and is for students who are looking to increase their leadership skills and competencies. Program sessions and speakers will include various topics such as: social justice, leadership and identity, team building, motivation, creativity, and more. Additional details coming soon!