Students qualify for the TRiO-SSSD program by being an active college student with documented disabilities via the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Preference will be given to those who also identify at least one of the following:
- Low-income student (family meets Federal Government Income Eligibility Guidelines and verified by Fresno State)
- First-generation college student (signifies that parent(s)/legal guardian did not graduate from a 4 year institution.
- In addition, ALL TRiO-SSSD applicants to our program must:
- be undergraduate students who are admitted full time to Fresno State (12 credits or more per term, no quick admit.
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- registered for classes (exception would be Summer Bridge applicants)
- have fewer than 135 college credits
- demonstrate academic need (successful applicants have between a 2.5 - 3.5 college GPA) OR 1st term Freshman students have a 3.0 or higher high school GPA
When there is limited space in the TRiO-SSSD program, priority will be given to:
- Students with disabilities who require educational accommodations
- Students who are both low income-eligible and first-generation college students
- Students who are either low income-eligible or first-generation college students
- Alumni of other TRiO programs (Upward Bound, Talent Search, Educational Opportunity Center, and Student Support Services from other institutions)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, students MOTIVATED to make full use of TRiO SSS-D services to become a successful Fresno State graduate.