TRiO - Student Support Services for students with Disabilities
New Academic Student Support Services Program at SSD!
Fresno State was recently awarded a grant to establish a new Student Support Services Program for students with disabilities; TRiO - SSSD. The program will be coordinated as part of our existing Services for Students with Disabilities program. For the first time on our campus disabled college students who are also first-generation and low-income will benefit from a sizable grant awarded to Fresno State by the U.S. Department of Education's TRiO Student Support Services program.
Applications are now available! (Click Here)
For Full Details, check out thewebsite:http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/sssd/
OBJECTIVE 1 PERSISTENCE RATE: 86% of all participants served by the DSSS project will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year or graduate and/or transfer from a 2-year to a 4-year institution during the academic year.
OBJECTIVE 2 GOOD ACADEMIC STANDING RATE: 93% of all enrolled participants served by the DSSS project will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing at Fresno State.
OBJECTIVE 3 GRADUATION RATE: 56% of new participants served each year will graduate within six (6) years.
Student Support Services of the TRiO SSSD Program
- Academic Tutoring with a Learning Specialist and Peer Tutoring: one-on-one and in a group
- Advising and Counseling & Peer Academic Coaches regular review
- Training on Read & Write Gold software for Reading and Writing skills development
- Financial Aid Advising & Financial Literacy
- Admissions and Transfer Process Assistance
- Assistance in planning for Graduate school.
- Learning Styles Assessment & Study Skills Development
- Computer Skills development and Assistive Technology Review and Training
- Career Exploration
- Library Skills Development
- Mentoring & Peer Support "MAPS" program for students w/ASD and related challenges
- Supplemental Grant program