Ubiduo Face-to-Face Communication
Now available for Student Services at Fresno State
The Services for Students with Disabilities office in addition to many student services programs on campus have purchased the Ubiduo communication system which provides face-to-face communication for those who are Deaf, hard of hearing or have other communication challenges which make conversation difficult.
The Ubiduo system is a small device to assist when an interpreter or captioner is not available and allows for spontaneous conversation = freedom and empowerment for the user.
The following services on campus currently have a Ubiduo system available (signage is posted to indicate an individuals desire to use the service). Also, the Services for Students with Disabilities office have a unit available for check-out for students registered with their office.
The Ubiduo system is currently available at the following locations.
- Services for Students Disability Office – Library 1st floor – south wing
- Joyal Admission & Registrar Offices
- Henry Madden Library-Reference Desk
- Learning Center / Support Net – Library in the lower level
- University Health & Psychological Services
- Financial Aid Office
- Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Office
- Academic Advising Services
- Scholarship Office
- Career Center
- Center for Women and Culture
- University Student Union – Information and Ticket Office
- University Courtyard – Student Housing
- Student Recreation Center
See the attached video from one of the Fresno State students on how the Ubiduo system can work for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujoV302OCZA&feature=youtu.be