American Indian Recruitment and Resource Initiative (AIRRI)
The American Indian Recruitment and Resource Initiative has been established to increase the number of American Indian students enrolling and graduating at Fresno State. The following are essential components of the initiative:
- Reach out to American Indian students through partnerships and collaborations with Rancherias, school districts, and tribal agencies serving American Indian students.
- Develop and maintain support networks within the university and the American Indian community.
- Create a “place” that fosters a welcoming and supportive environment where students feel they have a home away from home. It is a “place” for studying, programing, faculty, staff, and student meetings, social engagement, and student community building.
- Promote and support events that bring American Indian students and community to the campus.
- Provide student academic monitoring and advisement that includes an “early warning” system.
- Connect students with mentors (faculty, staff, and alumni)